1/15/2011

Carol Roth Markets Her New Book and Doll to the W Club

Carol Roth, aka CJ, is the owner of and her company operates the W Club. The book is called The Entrepreneur Equation. There is a post on the W Club board which explains what the book is about. (Hint: it's not dolls.)

According to the post, the doll was created for the press
 
and Carol has set aside several (?) hundred for Club members. In order to get the doll you have to buy 6 books at $25. each. If you live in the States, that amounts to $150 plus $13 shipping.  Outside of the USA, shipping is $40. and you don't get the books at all, just the doll - except in Canada.

Why?
"Because of the outsourced fulfillment for this particular project, we are unable to send books outside of Canada and the US through our provider." In English that means that the company (provider/outsourcer) that is doing the shipping for them doesn't ship overseas.
 

I've just gotten 
an entire business lesson 
trying to 
disambiguate.

The doll uses the Anja sculpt and is on a Nu.Face body. She is dressed in a simple black sheath and comes with pink heels, a black handbag and a miniature version of the book.




It's a cute doll. 
The W Club is a business.

8 comments:

  1. "cute" beeing the rigt word, she's not at all worth the $150 + $40 for a foreign collector (and no books)...

    She certainly doesn't have half the WOW factor of a Venus Eugenia or a Bergdorf Goodman Poppy.

    It was a huge disapointment - at least for me.

    I wonder if the selling at the WClub was so fab as they were expecting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. W Club is really sucking us dry. So many dolls, and the prices keep rising. There is a recession going on. Geez. I like the doll, but $150? I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Edmond: Purchases are, as you know, optional.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Terri: You are 1000% right, purchases are optional, but for $150 for that doll is robbery. There used to be something special about a Fashion Royalty doll, but a saturated market has made certainly made the glow that once shone brightly dim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Erick: Email me and I will explain.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe the book is so hard to read, which you might well fear after the advance tidbit of "economy speak" concerning its distribution, that the only way to sell some is in small heaps including a doll.

    I live abroad, so I'll be spared the pleasure of reading about this kind of entrepreneurship. The doll I don't like either. But I am soooo glad I left the WClub after having tried twice with them, and this not even in a row and yet without any customer friendly improvement.

    "Love your customers" should be the thesis for running a business; which consecutively will flourish on its own.

    Petra from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only been a W club member for this last year so I didn't know the club was actually farmed out, or licensed, through a totally separate business. Since it is "linked" on line with IT, and on IT's site, I thought it must be a part of the company.
    I'm glad this individual is successful in promoting her career and I think using a product by a business that she has an existing relationship with has the potential to be a good cross over for both...a win/win.
    That being said, I don't think the W Club is all that hot in terms of actually providing much to sustain a sense of any actual "club"...it is much more like a preferred buyer list.
    I haven't seen much interaction with the membership so perhaps she would do better not to use the "club" as representative of her work.
    What do you think of the mix Terri?

    Will C

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.