10/02/2011

I've Crossed Over...

Yes, I did.  I ordered a Sybarite.  Blame it on Obama. Why not.  Everyone blames him for everything anyway.
Ooooo...sorry, no politics on this blog. I give credit for my change of heart to another doll manufacturer.
A hearty thank you goes out to them. Yes I can! There's always more to be revealed.

I have heard such great things about the posing of the new Sybarite body and it's posing that is of the ultimate importance to me in my photography.

I ordered Talc, silvery blue lips and all.



When I evaluated the amounts of money I was spending on the 12" dolls over the course of a year and the amount of dissatisfaction I was having and the fact that they just keep piling up and standing around, I realized that it was time to gradually stop. It's going to be difficult because of the instant gratification that many of the smaller dolls provide. But with my favorite characters having been discontinued and so many of the not-so-old bodies discoloring badly, there are incentives to stop the hunting/gathering behavior in favor of truly refining the horde.

Wish me luck.

10 comments:

  1. You've crossed over, eh? Maybe you should get your new treasure a tee shirt that reads:

    "Come to the dark side. We have cookies!"

    Congrats on your purchase, I hope we see a LOT more of your beautiful photos, that will be up to your own personal satisfaction as well as those of the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward very much to hearing about how you like this doll and eventually wander deeper into the Sybarite world. While I do still buy FR dolls, their number has been decreased by my fascination with these dolls and above all their wonderful fashions. It took me a while to figure out that good quality and attention to detail are what make me enjoy new dolls most And my satisfaction withsuperdoll items in these two departments is very high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing many pictures of her. It's very tempting, to buy a 16 inch doll and just focus on buying her clothes and wigs. For your style of doll collecting (dolls as models as opposed to dolls as actors), it seems like a great fit.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one will be following your adventures into Sybs closely. One of the reasons I love your blog the best, is that you are honest in your opinions, good or bad..you are not scared to say what you really think no matter who the doll maker is, and not what you are 'supposed' to say. Can't wait to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you go resin, you never go back???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right with you on this one. I have recently purchased 2 Sybs, and some of the JS line. I am hoping the resin dolls will maintain condition and resale, unlike the cheap plastic ones I have that may be discoloring as we speak...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Steve: I'm not touching that one with a 10 foot pole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. I find it interesting that a lot of former IT collectors move on the superdolls. I hope you find higher satisfaction and much happiness in your new direction of collecting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww! Congrats Terri. Hope that she meets your expectations :) I'm just glad I'm safe with those dolls, so you won't be enabling me with your fabulous pics this time around, hehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Ana: I was safe, too. Haha.
    T

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.