9/07/2011

Eshe's Turn in Front of the Camera

Here are a few straightforward pictures of Eshe modeling different wigs. I discovered that she can wear Avantguard's wigs which is great because I have lots of wigs for them.  I am dissatisfied with the curly wig that came with this doll. Just like Grace's wig, it's frizzy with hair going every which way. I did some post-processing on this image and it's still unsatisfactory.


I will definitely not be purchasing any more rooted wig caps.
Here she is in Grace's original wig. I washed and conditioned this wig twice to get rid of the crinkled, messy look. There is not much improvement.


The straight black wig cap had to be shampooed to remove the pomade-like dressing coating the fibers.
It looks good now.

This Joe Tai wig is definitely not for her. She's not a blonde.

Here are two Cheryl Wood wigs which are lovely on Eshe. These are hard cap hand made wigs.


Numina Devon's wig by Patta Art.

Ilaria Time of Doll Wig


Above you can see the bodysuit Eshe came with. She also came with shoes but they keep falling off so I tossed them aside.

I don't know if it's the crappy weather or what but I would be happier had I purchased only Grace. Eshe does not please me. Perhaps when I start redressing her I will warm up to her.  She does have gorgeous hands and luscious lips. In a future post I will review the joints and the posing.


13 comments:

  1. I kinda LOVE Eshe ...much more than Grace...if you decide to sale her give me a shout and a Layaway plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honest review. I like to hear both the pro and con of a doll before I buy. I'm looking forward to your review of the joints and posing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. I actually like her as a blonde and I like the curly wig. I guess I have no taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, Terri! Are most of these JS dolls using the same mold? (Denueve etc) I find her face mold kind of manly. The mouth always seems to have puddle of spit in the lip part.. maybe it's just me. I do like what you did with the dark wig. :D

    I always enjoy your Blog reports.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eshe has that older Sydney look to her (snooty? severe?). The curly ash-blonde wig softens that look tremendously. Try her in something to compliment the wig.

    I love both Grace and Eshe for different reasons. Grace has very haunting features.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's a lovely doll. I prefer straight hair on dolls because (I think) my own hair is curly. Human hair will friz up no matter what if you wash & condition. If you want curly hair to look good, you have to put product on it. Here's what you can do that will help the wigs look a little better. Wet the wigs down, and comb through them, getting out any tangles. Get a dab of hairgel, be careful not to use too much, just about a knickel size amount. Don't bother using a $30 bottle of Aveda gel, a $2 bottle of DEP will work just great. Once you have the gel combed through the hair, shape the damp curls how you want them to lay when dry. Let the doll's hair dry completely without touching or combing. When dry the curls will be a little stiff, if that's the case, you can gently scrunch them a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved my Jamieshow bodies, but have always been so-so about the faces. As with Syb's they are just a little too mannish for my tastes...but diversity keeps life interesting..I do love their bodies and still have yet to find a resin fashion doll body that is better...but I think this line keeps getting better and better, a long way from the original faces and face paint. But that being said, the prices are creeping up too, which is why I am no longer collecting them myself..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @James: The sculpts differ from eachother. Puddle of spit? LOL. I think that the high gloss sealer used there. Close up it looks like tiny teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @TracySLC: Thank you so much for your instructions. I'm sure that I'll be referring back to them and offering the info to others as well.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anonymous: Perhaps you have never seen a Numina body. They are amazing. Of course the prices are much higher than the Jamieshow - with good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Terri, have never held a Numina, only seen pics...but I do like the Jamieshow bodies compared to the ones I have been lucky enough to hold/own..like Syb (really don't like the new body at all..please no hate mail, ducking my head), Tonner BJD Tyler ect...maybe one day! I am NO expert by any means! lol Just my own experience... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, finally took the JS plunge and ordered 2 dolls. I absolutely LOVE Eshe. the wig cap she came with doesn't quite fit but the extra straight blonde one looks great on her. her shoes stay on better than any other I've had on a doll, so perhaps you just got an ill-fitting pair with your doll. the Cheryl Woods and Patta Art wigs look fabulous on Eshe. thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Anonymous: I think I just needed to tighten up the straps. Avantguard shoes fit very well I discovered.

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.