5/11/2011

Italian Doll Convention 2011



 

On May 28 & 29, Milan, Italy will be the site of the Italian Doll Convention. The theme is the "Italian Way." One of the events invites participants to dress as their favorite Barbie and walk the catwalk.  My favorite rule says you are not allowed to  "think anything like I am too short/fat/shy/old to dress like a Barbie to do this." That sounds like so much fun. I hope someone videotapes it.

As part of the convention, twelve uber-talented doll artists have donated beautiful work to be auctioned off on eBay on May 15, 2011 with 100% of the proceeds going to the Fondazione Blu Onlus. They are (from left to right: Matt Sutton, Paul Pham-Numina Dolls, Ovaz,  Parrucca di Ilaria Mazzoni - Time of Dolls, ?, Parrucca di Ilaria Mazzoni - Time of Dolls, Matt Trujillo, Melissa Windham for Grant a Wish, Magia2000, Ninimomo, Fashion Doll Agency, Patrick Kon.



Click here to go to site.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Silkie in the long, ruffled peach gown. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.