10/17/2010

Cracked!

First the bad news; then the bad news. Both sides of Thanksgiving Barbie's neck are cracked and she has two black marks on the back of her right thigh. Just when I was so happy with myself for buying her...UGH.
I have written to BC.Com regarding the issue and offered to send pictures. I hope they offer to replace her at no cost to me. If not I may try to put tiny bits of crazy glue into the crack.



I am so glad I deboxed her.  I can't stand leaving dolls in boxes. I opened up the inside of the box and took these photos using the interior of the box as a background. I need to work on the bottom of the first image a little more to fill in the blank areas with the floor pattern.





6 comments:

  1. How disappointing to see that the doll arrived with defects. Good photos though. The backdrop works great as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the doll defects! I think Barbie Collector doesn't do exchanges. You have to return the bad one and get a refund and buy a new one. I have seen this issue pop up with dolls that have sold out and although the buyer gets a refund they can no longer get the doll. Good luck, maybe you will have better results.
    LauraLA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - I'm afraid you're right. Thankfully it was a lower priced doll.
    How much are they charging for cracks these days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't you just put her head on another Barbie body ( buy a cheap one) and redress her with this Barbie's outfit.. ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. RE:
    Anonymous said...
    "Can't you just put her head on another Barbie body ( buy a cheap one) and redress her with this Barbie's outfit.. ?"

    Did you understand about the feet and the stand? And, why should one have to buy an additional body for a new doll?
    Are you a collector?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh. How annoying! It seems like it's always the things I'm so happy to get that end up being screwed up somehow. This is pretty bad though, I mean yikes! I wonder if anyone else had neck crack issues.

    And geez, no! You shouldn't have to buy anything extra to fix a brand new doll! That's not your job! Hope they speed you through the refund process and you can get another one!

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.