9/16/2010

"Guilded Trappings" Gift Set

I realize that I haven't shown pictures of the beautiful gift set Sandra Stillwell created for us for the Golden Age of "Doll" Couture event in Nashville this past August. We received parts of the set at each of four meal events. The set was a limited edition of 50, all of which have sold out.
This week I took some time to play with the different pieces and take some photographs of the combinations and of the individual pieces so everyone can see how fantastic this set truly is.



 The Certificate of Authenticity reads as follows:
 Gene read the invitation again. The words were every bit as exciting as the first time she read them:
 Your presence is requested as Special Guest of Guy Amie Charbonneau for a private showing of his Spring couture collection, Gilded Trappings. -Avenue Montaigne, Paris.

Below the engraved letters, in a masculine hand read "I had only you in mind when I created this collection. -G"

Gene had traveled abroad many times before, but the occasion to be guest of honor at her favorite designer's salon was a rare opportunity. Ordinarily, she would travel with a vast and luxurious wardrobe suitable for any engagement. This time Gene would board ship with only one suitcase and the bare essentials, for she knew awaiting her in Paris would be an exquisite wardrobe, custom designed just for her.









 Every single piece shows attention to fine detail. The linings are perfection. The closures are zippers, hook & eye and/or snaps. The fabrics drape beautifully. There are three complete fashions and a multitude of options for mix and match. You can tell that a tremendous amount of thought and planning went in to this set. I just love the look of the last picture of Violet wearing the vest from the suit with the formal skirt, the long faux fur wrap and the hat from the suit.
The long shawl that she is wearing in the next to the last picture has rhinestones on both ends and on both sides! I've never seen that before. 

Below are a few other pictures I haven't shown.

JamieShow Shoes

Sandra also made a tiny version of this book for us.

The china tea set I won at the Crawford House tea.


Above is the specially designed chair manufactured by Bella! for the event. The metallic gold embroidery is GAC (Golden Age of Couture or Guy Amie Charbonneau.) It was part of the centerpieces and an optional purchase. In the background is part of a 'wall' I created using the sketches of George Sarofeen. We were gifted with several full sized sketches as well as a miniature portfolio filled with many sketches. On the table, the miniature pink book is the one I mentioned above and JamieShow shoes are shown at the foot of the chair. The bridal bouquet is perched on the back of the chair.

I am having so much fun with all the goodies. I love stuff.

Look for my article covering this event with several unpublished photographs in the Winter Edition of FDQ in January, 2011.




9 comments:

  1. What an amazing set! Truly awesome. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi classy lady. Thank you so much for sharing the GAC items with us. They are all soooooo BEAUTIFUL! You made my day!! -- Nadine (nbarriga@msn.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nadine: It was a pleasure!
    Thanks for your comments.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG those Jaimie Show shoes are awesome! And I love the suite that came with the GT gift set! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely giftset. I would like something like this for sixth scale gals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh' cool gift ideas! I am sure my nephew will gonna love this. I just wonder how much is it? Anyway, thanks for sharing this post. Looking forward for your next post. Keep posting!

    -yumi-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool gift ideas! Glad I saw this post. I've got an idea. Looking forward for your next post. Keep posting.

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Gift ideas. I want to have one of my own too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The dolls are amaizing and it is so great to have one in my collection.

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.