5/28/2015

Pictures From our Visit to Chicago During Jamieshow Convention

Gino's East


America Windows by Marc Chagall at the Art Institute of Chicago


The Thorne Rooms at the Art Institute of Chicago




Millennium Park including Cloud Gate (the Bean) and the Crown Fountain



 Scenes from the Architecture River Cruise




On Michigan Avenue 

Nathan Hale statue ("I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.") at the entrance to the Tribune Tower. It was Red Nose Day which I had never heard of prior to that day. He is sporting a red nose.
Dylan's Candy Bar
Cupcake Kiosk inside Water Tower Place
American Girl Store

Build-A-Bear Workshop store - not just for bears anymore.

Navy Pier Park



Museum of Contemporary Art
Many unusual exhibitions. Fantastic gift shop. 
Stairwell Looks Down to Koi Pond

Unusual seating in the Lobby
We managed to fit in plenty of sight seeing in the short time we were in Chicago.  The weather was fabulous. We could have used many more days there.

Leaving 
on a jet plane
 melancholy 
in the rain.





4 comments:

  1. You really did get a lot of sightseeing in Chicago. So many interesting places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you at the convention! Maybe we can have a get-together here in PA one day?
      Terri

      Delete
  2. It must have been a wonderful trip.
    The Thorne rooms are almost unbelievable. The railroad car is perfect!
    As always love the blog.
    Will C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are unbelievable. To see them in person is to awed into wordlessness. If you ever get the chance, please go see them!
      Terri

      Delete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.