Melanie Reeves, more commonly known as CarmMeldoll, posted a series of photos on Prego and it was difficult to choose a favorite. So I went, "eenie, meenie, miney, moe..." and this is the winner.
The original doll was said to be Sushi. Mel calls her NocTa. She has had a complete body repaint done by Paul Pham.
Her outfit is a mixture of pieces from Superfrock (jacket & shoes,) Avantguard (skirt,) and Joe Tai (bustier.)
Mel uses a light tent and takes pictures with her Nikon Coolpix L100 from several different angles. She edits down to the best ones.
Her suggestions regarding doll photography are as follows:
"Keep trying to improve on what you do...I am always trying to find ways to make my pictures better. I look at a lot of photography online, in magazines and in books, working to see what I can incorporate into my own style and pictures. I think if you love your dolls, it will show in your pictures."
Mel usually posts on Prego and Sybeau Monde.
See more of Mel's photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11049780@N03/
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon & More
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs