4/10/2012

Hunger Games Katniss Doll

She doesn't look like Barbie and that's a good thing. 

Here is the text from BC.Com:

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor:
Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games. A twisted punishment for a past uprising and an ongoing government intimidation tactic, The Hunger Games are a nationally televised event in which “Tributes” must fight with one another until one survivor remains.
Pitted against highly-trained Tributes who have prepared for these Games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy. If she’s ever to return home to District 12, Katniss must make impossible choices in the arena that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.
Hunger Games Katniss doll wears a hooded jacket, top, and military-style pants inspired by the costume Katniss wore in the film. Included are bow, arrows, and quiver. Completing her look is the iconic mocking jay pin.

Designed by: Bill Greening
Release Date: 4/9/2012

$29.95
This item is currently on back order. Expected availability: 8/1/2012

4 comments:

  1. She's pretty and I love that she's articulate but...at least in this photo...looks just like Barbie Basic Jeans #4. Still, I think I'll order her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the sculpt being Jeans #4. I meant that the sculpt didn't look like a typical Barbie-if you know what I mean.

      Delete
  2. I think they chose the right sculpt to get as close a look to the actress's face as they could.
    I know she's black label, but I put in my order for her right away, since I've been hearing people have been having issues with Mattel making a Hunger Games barbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's great...especially for the price...a 'pivotal' Barbie in non-glitzy fashion is refreshing change! :)
    (I pre-ordered 2... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.