I've have previously discussed my affection for Madame Alexander Cissette dolls. They're just so cute. The trunk sets are extremely attractive to me. They're like little parts of doll houses and there are lots of fashion items in each one. My newest trunk set is the Christmas Trunk Set. I took a chance on an unknown seller I located on ecrater because it was the lowest price I have ever seen on this set.
The exterior of the trunk depicts a front door decorated with a wreath. It's the same on both sides. The interior is holly papered with a space for the doll and four drawers.
One doll is included. She comes dressed in a very traditional taffeta and gold mesh Christmas plaid dress with green suede-like pumps, stockings, crinoline, long gloves (oddly without fingers) and a hat. I didn't want to tie the hat on so it's probably not supposed to look like that.
In the following pictures, I have dressed two additional Cissette dolls in the two other complete fashions that come in this trunk set. Nothing has been skimped on. There are shoes for each outfit!
The caped coat and hat are a low pile fur-like fabric. It's lush. She has wrist length gloves and leatherette tall boots. The red dress underneath is a sleeveless taffeta with a gathered skirt. I added the earrings.
I've seen this set priced from a low of $117. to a high of $220. Shop around!
Today I found it for $119.95 at Carytown Dolls & Bears.
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- SALES: Jun Planning BJD, Super Dollfie, Super Dollfie Encyclopedia
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs