11/14/2009

Gene Marshall & Wu Conventions 2010 - Save the Dates!

There will be a big going away bash for Gene Marshall to be held by Integrity Toys. This event being called the Gene Stardust Convention and will take place in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from June 3-5, 2010. I am sure this will be the party of the year as devotees of the line flock to the scene to bid farewell and to get the last of the line's dolls. Internationals and others who will not be able to attend Stardust are clamoring for the ability to purchase the convention line. Will they be heard and accomodated?

The announcement of the impending end of the road for Gene has boosted interest in sales and other aspects of the line. In particular, the recently announced "It's A Cinch" which was received with much criticism one week before Mel's announcement, is now sold out at most dealers. The discussion board ICOG run by Dennis Bastien has booked it's sponsors for 2010 and will be up and running for the entire year. Members of the W Gene Club have been wondering what will become of that group. Wait a minute, I'm a member of that club, too. What will happen? Will we have a 1/2 year club with one club exclusive? If they do that, everyone in the world will join the club with multiple memberships. This will be an interesting development to watch.

The date and location of the Fashion Royalty Convention (which can now be called the Wu Fashion Royalty, NuFace, Hollywood Royalty, Poppy Parker & ITBE Convention) has been announced nice and early this year.
The event will be back at the Pittsburgh International Airport Hyatt from October 28-30, 2010. I'm guessing that Halloween will play a big role at this event. That should be lots of fun! There's been some disgruntled chatter about the change of location back to Pittsburgh but most people are happy with the location.

During the last two weeks there were so many announcements about "special purchase opportunities" that I could barely keep track of them. I had to make a list of what is on it's way, approaching lotteries and other opportunities in order to get the whole picture and to decide what I would go for. Right now I'm in non-spending mode. Haha, famous last words.... but I'm looking at IDEX and two conventions in 2010. I can hardly believe that I am not entering the lottery for the Colette Monogram doll. I really wanted her. I wish I wouldn't have purchased the Monogram doll from Jeffrey's. Her hair is unmanageable, the dress lost beads, one shoe strap broke and the body joints are so loose that I can't pose her standing upright. Ugh. I have been promised a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.