1/24/2013

Ana's Photostream

I was strolling through my good friend Ana's (aka anatchim) Flickr Photostream today and I found many images worth sharing. I recommend going there for yourself and taking some time to see how much attention to detail Ana showers on her dolls. She has many of them rerooted and restyled. It's delightful to go through her collection. Link to her collection is at the end of this post.

Here is a wonderful photography trick she uses to support her dolls during photoshoots.

A little trick to hold the girls...

A little trick I use to hold my girls against the backdrop while I'm photographing... I use this modified FR stand telescope stick, with a "Bostik" ball in the tip for adherence...
(it still can be a little tricky to use, but I just don't want to use wires to have to erase them afterwards in photoshop... I am too lazy for that LOL)
I may try her technique occasionally instead of using armature wire. The more tricks one has at hand, the better.
_____________________

Here is a photograph of all three versions of Vanessa side by side. It's excellent and really shows the differences. Which Vanessa is your favorite?

 ____________________

Now, if you've gone and looked at her photos and think she has a major photography studio, you will be surprised to learn that the opposite is true. She is using professional lighting but look at that little space!
Ana says:
"... our apartment is SO tiny tiny, that I had to put together a small space in the garage, for my dolly photography...
I love to see everyone's behind the scene photos, so I thought I'd share this one too!
The beautiful vintage dresser was renovated by hubby, and it holds the doll furniture, background papers, floors, etc.."


Ana's Flickr Photostream

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I'm a big fan of Ana's work too. I like her fashion taste and she makes such beautiful settings. And did you know that she even made those wooden parquet floor by herself !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I'm a big fan of Ana's work, too. I like her fashion sense and she makes such beautiful settings! And did you know that she even made those wooden parquet floor by herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Terri. Beautiful work. Inspiring. It always amazes me the number talented collectors/photographers out there. Enjoyed her stream very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely and inspiring post.
    I do love to see how others photograph their dolls. It is wonderful to see!
    I love the vintage dresser!!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing what can be accomplished in a tiny space with organization, skill...and ruthless editing!
    I've admired her work on Prego but never looked further.
    Thanks for posting the link.
    As always love the blog.
    Will C.

    Did the Oxy 10 experiment work on bleaching out the "yellowed" dolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not gotten around to it.
      T

      Delete
    2. When I was in the BJD hobby, before getting into fashion dolls - there was a few things that helped me with yellowing.

      Whitening toothpaste, the non gel type. It worked like a charm on my really yellowed doll - I used the toothpaste, warm water and mister clean sponge - scrubbed like crazy.

      Another thing that always worker for me is lighlty sanding the yellow away.

      Delete
  6. Awwww Terri!!! Such an honor to feature on your blog =) Thank you SO much! I'm always glad when people take the time to see / comment / favorite my photos on Flickr, sure helps going forward with the hobby =)
    As for the trick to hold the dolls, I'm trying to come up with an improved version of that... let's see how it goes!!
    Thanks again dear ^_^ You've brighten my day!

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.