1/07/2011

Tonner Pre-Toy Fair Release

 I'm just going to highlight just a few of the new releases. Stranger characters first.

Kermit The Frog - Wild Frogs (LE500) Price $69.99
He's cute, if you like frogs. I love the jacket. Kermit is 11" tall and is good friends with Miss Piggy.  ;-)
Futterwacken (LE300) Price $249.99
If I could rent this doll for a week, I'd do it. That's how I am with outrageous character dolls. I like them for a short period of time and then they get tiring. There's no point to redressing because their fashions and make up are what makes them special. I absolutely love the costume on this doll as I loved Tarrant, The Mad Hatter's costume previously.
Johnny Depp  head sculpt, 17" Mat O'Neill body, green eyes with red wigged hair, lily skintone.


Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dee (LE 100) $374. Set
These characters from Alice in Wonderland are resin. Outfits are removable but shoes and socks are painted. They have 5 points of articulation.
I always thought their names were Tweedle Dee Dee and Tweedle Dee Dum.
They were very funny in the movie and for an Alice fan, they will be an enchanting addition to a collection. They are cute.
2011 Cami Wigged Basic (LE500) Price $109.99
 This Cami comes with two wigs. The other one :
 The best thing about her is the inset eyes. That's a new feature - besides the fact that she and her sister releases do not have crimped hair. Yay. The other new Camis do not have inset eyes.
Damon Salvatore (LE1000) Price $169.99

 Thud! This guy is hot. He represents a character from the Vampire Diaries.
Damon has the 17" Matt O'Neill body, blue eyes and brunette wigged hair. Wigged hair on a male doll is, to me, always superior as it lays better.
James Collins (LE 500)
17" Matt O'Neill™ Body; Brown Eyes, Raven Hair, Tan Skintone
Price $ 189.99
James Collins is so vanilla compared to Damon and reminds me of Lord Asriel from the Golden Compass - at least his suit does.  He should have been given a wig, too.
Daniel Craig is so hot.
You can see the rest at www.tonerdoll.com.
Don't forget, there will be more on February 11, 2011.

5 comments:

  1. re: damon, things about the show bug me, but once in a while if i am bored, i watch it anyway but only for him. (= love that guy.

    as for the graven image of him, i will have to see IRL pics before deciding on whether i want him or not. unfortunately many of tonner's male character depictions can be uneven IMHO and it would matter to me in this instance since i like the original character so much!!! normally it would just be about that particular doll, do i like it, etc.....

    (i was disappointed with tonner's stryder/V.M. from LOTR, but i love that original character so much too, explaining the disappointment. i can't afford a repaint job & don't trust my skills yet so i didn't purchase him.)

    don't get me wrong, some are of course outstanding like tonner's dr. who/david T. for example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a fan of Tonner dolls in general, but I do like that wigged Cami. I would at least like her outfit for another doll.
    Damon is a really good likeness, although I don't watch the show, and I would have preferred Stefan. But he looks great and love the outfit.
    I'm not sure how much more they can do with Kermit and Miss Piggy- but I'm a huge Muppet Freak, and I got got both size Piggy's for Christmas. I am tempted to add a kermit just for the heck of it.

    But for now I'm on a quest to find a muscular tonner body for a head I have.....

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. this is part of the collection is pretty boring. Kermit in a motorcycle jacket and no pants.. I bet he's gay too and on his way to a date with Andy Mills. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @James...I was wondering about the Tweedles, too. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Terri.. I wondered about the Tweedle friendship, myself.

    I bet they would roll off any doll bed. LOL
    Humpty & Dumpty. :)

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.