6/03/2010

Stardust ~ Thursday, June 3, 2010

Live from the Loews Philadelphia Hotel is one exhausted blogger. This was a full day. I drove about 1 hour from Hatfield, PA to the heart of this historic city, pulled right into the hotel parking garage and was taken to the lobby with my luggage. It was only 11AM and the rooms were not ready for checking in yet so I went upstairs to register for the convention. That took all of 30 seconds. I was handed a large Integrity shopping bag with a giant sized doll box inside. It was empty, ready to be filled at each meal with one part of a giftset just like they did at the FR convention with Natalia.
Collectors were gathering in an area outside of the hubs waiting for the shop to open. At noon the spending spree began. I took photos of all the stuff I purchased today. It's obscene. The prices in the store were ridiculously cheap; how could I resist? A little room shopping rounded out the day's hunting and gathering.
Then I was off to the Reading Terminal Market. I loved the aisles and aisles of food stalls offering up cakes, breads, chocolates, poultry, meats, fish, cheeses, 100's of different vinegars and condiments, ice cream, prepared meals and snacks. I wish there were a place like that near where I live instead of health food stores and Shoprites. I had the most delicious bagel - a walnut, cherry, cinnamon, sugary thing. It was more pastry than bagel.
At 7:00 PM the gathering outside the dining room began. It was a very happy, chatty crowd. We entered the room at 7:30 PM to be greeted by the centerpiece which was a beautiful Gene in a lovely blue dress which was offered to 5 people for purchase by lottery.

"Blue Avenue" Gene ~ Image Property of Integrity Toys

Dinner began with a delicious artichoke soup. I'd love the recipe. It really was one of the best soups I have ever eaten. The main course was chicken and vegetables prepared in a straightforward fashion. The dessert was a white and dark chocolate mousse layered cake and coffee. The servers were excellent and solicitous.
There was a band playing and a woman singing way too loud throughout the entire meal which made getting to know most of the other people at the table impossible.
Mel was greeted to a rousing round of applause and spoke for about 10 minutes.
And then we were surprised with a gorgeous Zita doll, "Parfait."

Image Property of Integrity Toys


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleeping.

3 comments:

  1. The dolls have all looked wonderful so far. So jealous!

    I visited Reading Market many years ago and I remember being overwhelmed by the size and variety of food!

    LauraLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're off to an amazing start! Can't wait to see what's next! Thanks for reporting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My!!! I can only dream of the experience you had. Lovely post, I enjoy reading your adventure, not to mention looking at your pictures of the beautiful dolls. Thank you, Sincerely Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.