10/02/2014

Elise, Agnes, Vanessa and More

I may not love the Agnes sculpt but I do love gift sets. When this set was revealed during the W Club Online event a few months ago, I pre-ordered two of them. After a slightly torturous wait - my package was sent to some address in Delaware or Maryland - I finally got them today.
Sadly, both doll heads need to be replaced. I have not even deboxed to examine the rest of the package contents. I'm trying to figure out how, if I wanted to keep these NRFB, would I ever be able to do so without shipping the entire package back to IT at my expense. (Another $10.xx.)

I am very unhappy about this. It's never happened to me before. Yes, I've gotten a few defective items here and there but over the years, it hasn't been this bad.

I expect to receive dolls that I would feel comfortable reselling - even if I'm not planning to resell. I would never offer these dolls for resale.

So...the first doll has it really bad. She's got a big shiny spot on one cheek, a short tuft of hair coming out of the center of her first row of rooting and one of her irises and corneas is much larger than the other. I get the feeling that this may have been a returned doll as the net looks as if it had been pulled back. Her hair was messy.

The second doll has a torn earlobe! That's a new one. At first, I thought it was pierced twice but when I looked with my glasses on, I saw that it was just a jagged tear. She, too, has had her net pulled off and has messy hair.

I don't understand them selling items like this. With shipping, the dolls cost $140. plus change each.
At this point, I do not want them.

I have written and sent photos to 'patient' care asking for replacement heads that are 'perfect.' I don't need to hear that "no doll is perfect." Actually, I have many perfect dolls so that's bullshit.

I've read that some who purchased this set have found mold on their dolls. I'm not deboxing until I have to and then I am hoping there is nothing else to find that needs replacing.

Fingers crossed.



On other topics concerning Integrity Dolls...

"On The Rise" Elise Jolie arrived last week. The doll herself is lovely as are all the Elise dolls IMO. I was dismayed at first by her stiff hair but it's not something that can't be fixed if I care to fix it. What I didn't like were the cheap jewelry and accessories. The belt has a small metallic button affixed to its front which droops downward so you don't see its face. Something without a shank should have been affixed to this belt. The shoes are a touch weird.
I carefully pressed the dress and gave her different jewelry, shoes and a handbag. The dress works without a belt.


Here are a few more photos of Elise and one of Cruise Control Vanessa wearing Adele's "Vivid Encounter" 'perfect' ensemble.


Yes, this Vanessa has been rooted. She could use a nice repaint as well to fix the blue and silver shadow around her eyes.


If you don't remember what CC looked like originally, here is a photo by Lisa (momohuny) from her Flickr photostream.
Pretty bad.

Yesterday I had a 'play date' with another collector. We spent a lovely few hours yakking about dolls, people and everything else under the sun.

She knew I was looking for a nude Capucine Silkstone and gave me one! Here she is modeling the 2014 July fashion I just received from V. Jhon.


I've purchased many, many of V. Jhon's monthly fashions. This one was disappointing quality-wise.
It looks OK in the photo but the main hem and many of the other raw edges of the garment are pinked. Not what I expected. Maybe it's just not finished? I think I'll write to him. The outfit is intended for FR2 but, as you can see, fits Silkstones quite well.

Here is a promo photo:



Update: I received an apology from patient care and they are sending me two brand new dolls plus a coupon for return shipping of the defective dolls. That's a good thing.


4 comments:

  1. Terri, I don't know if Agnes's hairnet was sewn to the box liner because I didn't purchase her, but if it's not and you're still having warmish weather in PA, you could soften her head for removal by placing her in a hot car (parked in the sun with windows up) for half an hour or so and then carefully removing her head. Sadly I've had to do this many times because lately just about half the IT dolls I receive have some sort of defect requiring head replacement (knotted or missing hair plugs, paint rubs, scratches, gashes, or even debris molded into the vinyl---grrrrrr...) and I don't always want to debox. I'm in south Florida, so this works for me almost year-round, but if your weather no longer will accommodate doing this why not consider popping her into a warm oven? Maybe it'll kill the mold too. (KIDDING! Attempt the oven thing only at your own risk. lol.)

    ~Kurt~
    (DivaLuvv)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kurt:
      It is very sad that so many of us are receiving defective dolls.
      I have never considered trying to remove a head while the doll is still NRFB. I don't know that I would try the oven technique. I might try two heating pads, though, as the weather is not hot enough anymore. Thank you so much.
      Terri

      Delete
  2. Hi Terri!

    I LOVE the crossed fingers pic. Is it proprietary?

    I agree....the promo shots of the A-line skirt are beautiful compared to the production pencil skirts.

    Debra M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra:
      The fingers pic is something I found on the internet.
      Now that I look again, you are right, the photo makes it look like an A-line shape.
      He offered to even the hem but it's not worth sending back to China.
      Terri

      Delete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.