No, this post is not about a shark, it is about the head of Tonner's new Hunger Games Gale character figure. Mr. Tonner is known for his full jawed doll sculpts but this one is a bit over the top.
I hunted down a good close-up of the actor that the doll is supposed to portray, Liam Hemsworth. He's a good-looking man and he does have a pronounced chin but Tonner's combination of chin, broad jawline and small mouth make the doll look as if it has an underbite and a huge head.
I'm trying to figure out what is wrong about the mouth...is it too close to the nose? There's something that throws the entire face off in spite of the fact that the features are not that dissimilar.
I think a good re-painter could fix the mouth, reshape the jaw and restyle the hair. But why?
Anyway, if you are interested in purchasing this doll, the retail price is $169.99. Look around for discounted prices.
I had to do it.
Is this better?
- Sales: Gene Marshall
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- Sales: Mod British Birds
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Madame Alexander (Cissy, Alex, Cissette)
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys Plus
- Sales: Wigs