4/22/2018

A Look At Madame Alexander's Cissy

There are just two Cissy dolls remaining in my collection and although I think they're beautiful, I'm preparing to sell them. It gets even more difficult to part with a doll after handling her and photographing her anew.

This is Vice, one of three Cissy dolls designed by Jason Wu.



The other two were Lust and Envy.  Their names remind me of the dolls from the Kingdom Doll convention, Sinful. Left: Lust in pink jacket and (Right) Envy with a martini.


They were radically different from the sweet, baby faced Cissy dolls that had been around forever.


Sometimes it feels like a curse. I just want them. There's really no "good" reason to have more dolls. (Yeah, yeah, I know I don't need a reason so don't offer lectures.) I can barely play with a fraction of my collection. I want to sell off most of my non-BJD resin dolls but then I look at them and see their beauty and their lovely fashions and I put them back in their showcase and that's that.



My other remaining Cissy is Riviera Posh. She is so unlike the dolls I collect now it's like day and night. I love them all.


She is a sweet, baby-faced Cissy in a lovely two piece dress. The skirt opens up to reveal black sequin tap pants!




Above, an older photo when I still had her short, curly wig. So cute.

_________

Here are a few other Cissy Dolls.  I don't have these girls anymore.

Couture Noir accompanied by a reproduction Ginny and the same doll in her gown and 2nd wig.  The red wig is made from feathers! She was pretty amazing.




________

Southwestern Style Cissy's is wearing something I'd wear. The fashions were of a very high quality as were the wigs and shoes.


_________

I call this IDEX Cissy. She was one of 6 centerpieces at the Madame Alexander 2010 event I attended in Orlando.


______

This doll is called "Velvet Deco Dream." I never had her original outfit but the one she is wearing was beyond gorgeous. It was embellished with hand beading. The shawl was extremely heavy due to the weight of the beads.


Goodbye, Cissy!





7 comments:

  1. If anyone had watched me reading this post, they would have seen my head nodding “Yes, yes, yes.”
    From how very attractive the dolls become when you prep them for sale, right down to your attitude to Cissy. I have to sit on my hands when I see one for sale. The one I do have is stored in her box. Every time I get her out to sell, she goes straight back. Nobody said doll collectors had to be sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I own a variety of fashion dolls, and fell into Cissy quite by accident. I acquired a portrait Cissy in a grouping of dolls and fell in love with her, but had to sell her because she was huge- and had no where to display her properly. But I missed her so much I acquired another vintage Cissy, one in a day dress easier to display. I admit I am not hooked on the larger, 20 inch Cissy dolls from the 1950's. Your Jason Wu Vice is lovely as is the Idex one. I feel the exact same way whenever I make a decision to thin out my herd, and sometimes almost cry- when I have to pack up a doll that I love its beauty but have to make room. I am finding myself now drawn more and more to the loveliness of the vintage dolls and the craftsmanship of their couture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience, Lisa.
      Terri

      Delete
  3. Possibly no one has mentioned this to you before but you do take some nice photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me. I noticed a long time ago.

      Delete
  4. Hi Kattermole: Thank you. Yes, it’s been mentioned. Terri

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.