I have no antique dolls in my collection but I do love to look at them. I adore the beautiful fabrics, the delicate facial painting and expression and the accessories. My favorite of all are the tiny, all bisque Mignonettes of about 5 inches. They do come is various sizes and were often called pocket dolls. Although most were created in Germany, they were made for a French market and thus showcased French fashion of the time. Many of these dolls came with complete wardrobes and all the necessary toilet items a young lady would need in the later 19th century and early 20th century.
This is a reproduction presentation celluloid budoir box designed by Jackie Chimpky.
Getting back to Theriault's upcoming Antique Doll Auction, the catalog is a delight to browse and an education in and of itself. Hundreds of gorgeous photos with descriptions and estimated valuations.
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- Sales: BJD LUTS 60cm Dolls: Shiwoo, El, Lishe, Miyu and BJD Books
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs