8/02/2021

UFDC Convention Baltimore, Maryland 2021. Part II





One of the doll clubs to which I belong, MetroDolls, sponsored the Tonner meal event. We had 100 attendees and the seats sold out very quickly.
In my photo archives, I have a picture of Robert and myself at every event I ever attended where he was the guest speaker. One day I will gather them all together and cry at the aging.




A promotional sketch of the Ellowyne event doll which we haven't received yet. Customs held on to it. I don't know if it was released yet. 
Update: As of August 3rd, the dolls are out of customs. Yay.


 










I misspelled Rowbear. Forgive.
This text is from their promotional information:

Rowbear Presents "The Best Doll Show in the Country"
The 33rd Annual National Doll Festival
Baltimore MD
Sunday - Wednesday, July 18th - 21st, 2021
...
A Fabulous Multi-Million Dollar Array to Behold & Buy
Rare Exquisite Antique, Quality Vintage, Modern Collectible,
Contemporary Artist, Fantasy to Realistic
Dolls + Toys - Bears - BJD - OOAK - Miniatures
Clothing - Fabric - Lace - Wigs - Books - Shoes - Accessories
Antique & Vintage Jewelry for Ladies & Gents
Door Prizes Consignment Table, Identification/Valuation, Restringing; Repair, Handicap Accessible, Food for Purchase On-Site
_______________

That's a lot of hype. Some of the items were lovely; some trashy. 
Because I had never been to a Rowbear event, I don't have a basis upon which to compare what it was like before. I was told that there were far fewer vendors than had been there in the past. Chalk that up to Covid. People still are being cautious or just can't travel. 

On the shuttle from the Marriott to the Holiday Inn.




I wanted her.





I bought this 1920's bisque tiny doll.



View from the stage.


Some of their auction goods.








Stuff we received in the registration bag.

8" Madame Alexander Cissette

Door Prize from Kish Event

Kish Event Doll

Wig-Making Class




No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.