2/24/2012

Stress Relief

With all the stress that accompanies buying and selling real estate I find that injecting some doll activity into my day really helps.
We made a nice little visit to the Tonner Store this afternoon. I don't even have to buy anything to feel good there. The Doll Doctor, Noreen, is always ready for a chat. I can check out whatever new dolls have shown up and gaze at dolls over and over again. Such delight.
Of course the only camera I had with me was my iPhone. Lizette is much prettier in person than the promo picture showed.

Ms. Beetlejuice did not disappoint. She's just as strange and wonderful in real life as she was in the promo.


I saw the Nu Mood dolls, the new wigs but none of the separates were there yet.  Next time I go over there, I promise to take a real camera. Famous last words.
_________________________________________

I'm a sucker for free shipping - as if the costs weren't built in to the dolls already. Barbie Collector.com just has to send me a free shipping notice and I'm all over it. I put in my order for the club Silkstone, Afternoon Suit Barbie, and the Walking Suit Barbie. I used my first $20. coupon. New York State took $11.20.  
Ugh. I don't want to go off into a rant about taxes but I feel like ranting anyway.

There is an adorable new tote bag on the site. I love the graphic which is different on each side. 


Speaking of tote bags, I was able to order a few Jason Wu for Target items recently, one of which was the cat tote. It's adorable. I also got the cat scarf and the cat t-shirt. I ordered a large which is way too big for me. I figured that it would be cut small since Jason's clothes look like they're for a teenage body. I was wrong. If someone out there has a brand new, unworn medium cat t-shirt they'd like to trade for a large, let me know.

The scarf is beautiful and quite large. I rarely wear scarves but I will find a use for this one.
I also purchased two handbags and the blue pointelle sweater. I love the sweater!!!
I can just see myself in this dress with the socks and loafers and the German Nanny hairdo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.