I'm sending wishes to all my US readers for a peaceful, joyous and delicious Thanksgiving.
I'm thankful for the luxury of being a doll collector. When I think about how lucky we collectors are compared to so many in the world I can't help but appreciate what I have.
If you are traveling, be safe and aware and save me some pie.
I'll be a little quiet on the blog for a few days but after Thanksgiving, I'll be back.
Three things to mention:
—There is a sale at BC.Com on Wednesday, November 23. That's tomorrow.
—The Franklin Mint is at it again with their fake doll images that use a photograph instead of a doll. This time it's Kate Middleton, the future Princess of Wales. They are using a picture of Kate on a stick.
—On December 11, 2011 there will be a Tonner and Wilde Imagination warehouse sale at the Holiday Inn in Kingston, NY from 9AM to 1PM. After the sale there will be a signing with Robert Tonner at the Tonner Company Store, 14 Hurley Ave., Kingston, NY.
If you are planning to stay over at the Holiday Inn Kingston, I recommend that you reconsider your choice of hotel. There are two new hotels near the Hudson Valley Mall that are much higher rated. It's a 10 minute drive from those places to the Holiday Inn. It will cost at least $30 more per room but you won't be sorry. Come with friends and split the cost.
Courtyard Kingston Marriot (Most costly)
Hampton Inn Kingston (Free Breakfast and Internet)
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Fairyland PUKI PUKI BJD TINY DOLLS
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- Sales: Magazines, Books, Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Other 16"
- Sales: Barbie; Monster High, Hasbro, Mikelman
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Superdoll Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" - 16"
- Sales: Wigs