6/03/2023

"Poolside Paramour" Sergio Silva Fashion Figure by Integrity Toys

 Remember this?

“Cool sophistication in breezy Palm Beach! Sporting a dashing jacquard-patterned jacket with a light pink polo shirt and crisp white pants, Ken doll is ready for Palm Beach social season, sunning by the pool and a stroll with his little companion.

“Fashion designed exclusively for the Silkstone Barbie doll body. Includes Ken doll, jacket, pink polo shirt, white shoes, dog with leash, swim trunks and accessories, doll stand and certificate of authenticity. For the adult collector. Order yours today!

 

“On sale April 2010. Only $81.99!”

Well, it was canceled by Mattel. Why?  Rumor had it that some uppity "conservative moral majority" people got their panties up in their behinds over his name. Was he gay? Oh, my dog. 


 

"Mattel said the doll's name was in reference to Ken's pet -- Sugar, a white West Highland terrier that Ken leads on a pink leash. The dog is included with the doll, along with several accessories, including sandals, sunglasses and swim trunks.

Asked about the possibility that the doll's name may be misinterpreted, a Mattel spokeswoman wasn't fazed.

"At the end of the day, this collection is targeted toward adults," said spokeswoman Michelle Chidoni. "While the name of the doll does refer back to the dog, I think people are going to interpret it as they want to interpret it."

It's now 2013 and Integrity Toys comes through, sans dog, with "Poolside Paramour." One cannot ignore the similarity. He is the one 12" male doll I've bought in 4 years. 

BUT I just had to change something. The most important thing was missing. Now it's much better. 


Back to reality...I took some photos while I was opening the box.



It was very unusual that the shirt packet was taped into the box upside-down. 

The ribbons around the waist and arms were too tight. I didn't want permanent marks on the jacket so I loosened them.





"Paramour can apply to either partner in an illicit relationship, so it is not exclusively male. If the man is being financially supported, especially by a wealthy older woman, he is a "sugar baby", "kept man" or "toyboy".


The specs on this character are: 

Poolside Paramour Sergio Silva Fashion Figure

Poppy Parker

$175.00
  • 12.5-inch articulated fashion figure with fully rooted hair;
  • White polo-style shirt and slim-fit trousers;
  • Pale pink long-sleeved shirt;
  • Matching pale pink socks;
  • Brightly colored, custom printed blazer;
  • Matching, custom-printed swim trunks;
  • White “leather” belt with “gold” buckle;
  • Stylish white “leather” horse-bit loafers;
  • “Gold” chrome aviator sunglasses;
  • “Gold” watch;
  • “Leather” carryall style weekender bag with a custom printed lining;
  • Cork sole flip-flops;
  • Pair of regular male hands;
  • Pair of “grip” hands;
  • Figure stand;
  • Certificate of authenticity.


 

3 comments:

  1. I just received mine yesterday and I absolutely love him. And his jacket and trunks match the beverage cooler that came with Resort ready Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where can I buy someone?

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't have thought twice about the name, I just love a doll with a dog! He's very handsome and beautifully dressed and accessorised, but IT are exceptionally good at that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.