1/05/2011

BARBIE BASICS - Denim

Instructions from Mattel:
"Customize. Personalize. Play! Barbie Basics is all about permission to play and now Barbie Basics takes the fashion basic—denim—to new heights! This line of 12 dolls (9 girls and 3 boys) come in a variety of denim jeans featuring different cuts and colors with details such as real pockets and metal grommets. Each doll has a unique T-shirt to coordinate with the jeans. Each pair of girl jeans also features an embroidered “B” (Barbie logo) on one back pocket."

I'm relieved that I've been given permission to play. Phew!

Anyway, I think these dolls are fabulous in concept. If I collected Barbies, I'd buy every single one of them plus the accessory packs, especially if they had articulated bodies. Can you imagine?



I wonder why there is only one dark-skinned female doll out of 9 dolls. Am I missing something here?  Photos on the doll boards are showing that the clothes are fitting the Nu Face and Poppy Integrity bodies!
The going price at dealers is $24.95 for the dolls and $19.95 for the accessory packs. Amazon and eBay are overpriced. I've heard that Target in southern Florida is selling them at irregularly reduced prices.


BTW George at Angelic Dreamz told me today that he thinks he has them all in stock.

10 comments:

  1. DollGrrlTrixie1/5/11, 8:02 PM

    $19.88 @ walmart

    ReplyDelete
  2. @DollGrrlTrixie: Not in my local Walmart and not on line. What Walmart has them now?
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some in local Target, but not a lot. (Coastal Maine) I think they were $20.99.
    BTW 1st run had my favorite, very dark skinned with very short hair. (Pic on my blog 365 Dolls - January 4)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AuntLou: I had that short haired black doll, too. I liked her best of all.
    Right now Marl & B seems to have all the dolls in stock. Unfortunately her shipping is pricey @ $12 for the first doll plus $2. for each additional doll.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. DivaLuvv/Kurt1/6/11, 1:55 AM

    I'm in South Florida, and they're just starting to trickle in to the Target stores here. I've only seen the Steffie-faced blonde (love her!) and the red-haired Lea-faced one. Both were at regular retail price of $19.89. There were plenty of the older ones, however, including the Target exclusives (all three versions) in the red dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think only the very long jeans fit Nu Face well. I picked up 3 at WalMart 19.98 each, and the packs at Target for 15.99. There is no reason anybody should pay dealer mark ups on a Barbie that is on the shelf in discount stores.

    We all know that they will be flooding the shelves soon enough. Just sit tight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've picked up a couple of these at target for $22. None of them were in the system yet when I got to the cash register, so prepare to wait for a price check. ;)

    Also, forgive the quick-and-dirty camera phone snap here (I intend to take better pictures sometime this weekend), but this is what I did with one of the accessory packs. Proof that Barbie wears Ken's clothes even better than he does, unsurprisingly....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that this time around they added boys to the collection... but I keep hating that they aren't pivotal. Play they say? Who can play with those stiff boring bodies?
    The accessorie packs are nice... Hope I can grab them (for everything but the shoes, I am loving the sweaters / tops)

    ReplyDelete
  9. me too, I wonder why there is only one black female and I can't find the black male at my local shop !! :(

    (I'm french and living in France )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! That cheap are the barbies in it USA!here in europa they are expensive
    I make fashionable clothes for barbies, to look at my blog..please!! Sorry for my english. thank you!!!http://www.ropitaparabarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.