This is the promotional photo that was advertised for the Michele Obama Inaugural doll. I blogged about it on June 1, 2009.
A fellow collector sent me these pictures of the actual doll that she received:
What a complete disappointment but not a surprise. When a company advertises with an artist rendering rather than a prototype or a production sample, you can be sure you will not get what you see in the ad.
Seriously, some of Mattel's $39.95 celebrity dolls have more of a resemblance to their human counterparts than this.
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- SALES: Jun Planning BJD, Super Dollfie, Super Dollfie Encyclopedia
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon & More
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs