10/10/2015

More Photos from the Kingdom Doll and MetroDolls Events

I finally moved most of my new goodies into my studio in order to take better photographs.
Here are Liberty in her gorgeous Dior inspired suit and Chaucer in the optional purchase pink version of the suit along with close-ups of the jackets.







___________________________________

Here are some photos of the amazing Bashettte bed that I won in the auction.




The Marley doll was included along with her original outfit and box with shipper.
The bed is metal. The mattress, two pillows, sheet and top sheet are pink and white criss-crossed striped. The first coverlet is white with lace and embroidered and gathered inserts. Matching pillow covers on two more pillows. The quilt is a true miniature quilt with embroidered details that include tiny buttons. Two pillows use one of the quilt fabrics and another pillow is has a quilted face. As if that weren't enough there is also a crocheted throw. This is really a work of art that I just love owning.
The night gown on Marley is another handmade item along with her headband of flowers.
Since Marley is 12" tall, this bed is the correct scale for my Fashion Royalty dolls although the pink metal frame might be on the girly side for these sophisticated ladies. If I wanted to, I could always change the color of the frame.

This Marley is originally Ocean Mist Basic.


I've had a few of the original Marley dolls but not for years. The line ended before the body was updated to bending wrists so she's a pretty stiff one. I think Tonner's Patience and the younger Sister Agnes use the same body with full articulation. I wonder if the vinyl is the same tone.

2 comments:

  1. That bed set is fantastic!

    I agree with what you said in an earlier post about the lapels on the KD fashions, but the amount of detail is really phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.