The newest girl in my collection is Marcella. This young lady arrived directly from Paris and the Fashion Doll Agency created by Nunzio Carbone and Jayro Bustamante. The team has created five dolls so far: Petra, Pola, Kaori, Manon and Marcella. Each has her own back story.
Marcella is purported to be an Italian student who was discovered during a student trip to Paris. I don't follow doll stories but they're there for those who enjoy that kind of thing.
The doll is 16 inches tall with blue eyes and brunette hair. Mousseline is the type of fabric from which her outfit is made. It's a very filmy, fairly transparent cloth which is shapeless and quite fragile. I am not pleased with the edge finishing on those two pieces. Her sandals are fabulous and made from real leather.
The earrings and bracelets are substantial and made from metal. Her purse is pink - probably vinyl - and she can hold it due to the shape of her right hand. Wonderful!
This doll is surprisingly weighty. I wasn't expecting that. And...here's a treat...her stand actually is the correct height and supports her without any problem. That's a first. But because she is so heavy, I couldn't pose her without any support. I can live with that for now.
With the aid of one small straight pin, Marcella can wear Attention's dress. It fits her better than it fits the Avantguard doll!
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- SALES: Jun Planning BJD, Super Dollfie, Super Dollfie Encyclopedia
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon & More
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs