9/08/2012

IFDC's Kesenia and Rayna Dolls

Once again, of the many benefits of being an international shipping buddy is getting to play with dolls that I do not own. Long Cool Woman Kesenia and Rock Me, Baby Rayna are temporary visitors to PA.
I rarely photograph dolls on stands however in this case, I could not remove the plastic from their legs so I decided to just go with it. The shoes on each doll are very nice with their tiny zippers that make it so easy to get them on and off. 
Underneath her jacket, Rayna wears a shirt that has string criss-crossed with the ends tied in a big bow. Not my taste so I put up the lapels of her jacket and tucked the strings inside. 

Each doll comes with very nice jewelry including a ring.
Nice ring but you may be able to see the difference in color between Kesenia's arms and hands. The hands are yellowish and the rest of her body is not. Not good. I guess if you wait long enough the body may yellow to match the hands.

Kesenia's sculpt is one of my least favorite as she was originally one of the Brides of Dracula.
Remember these?


However, in the LCW version, her mouth is painted with a darker pink lip color-shadow and her teeth aren't as large as other versions.
Long Cool Woman is the best Kesenia to-date IMO. I love her eyes which are two shades of blue-green. Her eyeshadow is a shade that goes really well with her lips. On her tan face, the pink is really pretty.

I'm wondering if IT will ever stop using the color-block look for the eye makeup, eyebrows and lips. It would be nice to see a more painterly approach to facial screening on a few dolls.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE both dolls faces :) not a *huge* fan of the outfits, even if I do like Rayna's pants, I'm not sure how they would look in FR2. Maybe one day I'll grab them loose, and find out ^_^ their haircolor is really beautifull aswell. The color difference between Kesenia's body and hands is not acceptable. Why does IT insists in having SO many skincolors? There should be a porcelain, japanese, caucasian, tan, and AA. But there are so many shades of tan and AA, that it is frustrating. About the eye makeup, even if I do enjoy the block color type, it would be nice to see something different every now and then :) a fading eyeshadow would be very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.