1/18/2021

Mothership Dania Zarr™ Dressed Doll The Fashion Royalty® Collection: RETROFUTURE

 Mothership was a W Club exclusive doll offered in December, 2019. Those who pre-ordered experienced the longest delay ever of more than a year before she was actually delivered in January of 2021.

She does not disappoint!

Here are  two of IT's promotional photos:



Gorgeous, right?

Everything is exactly as it looks. 

The bodysuit is a weighty metal as is her neckpiece. I have not removed her arm coverings so I'm not sure what they're made of. Her eye shield is a flexible, thin metal item. It's cool for the alien look. if you're going for that, but otherwise it messes up her hair.




Everything is constructed beautifully except the boots. They are a nightmare. 

Mine had a part of the surface eaten away by excess glue. Not only that, when I put them on, keeping ALL THE STRAPS OPENED UP, one strap near the front of her foot broke. They do not stand flat on a surface. 

I have written to customer service for a replacement. They've contacted their factory in China. I suppose I'll be waiting for another year. 


It took nearly 40 minutes to close the straps on the boots. (There are five straps with buckles on each plus a zipper.) Then I found another defect. One of the buckles was not attached properly so it couldn't be closed at all.  I have the loose straps taped to her leg and/or boot for now.  Sad!


I like the black coat. The belt that is supposed to fit around the waist of the coat is not large enough. There is a lot of fabric that gets gathered when the belt is on and it just doesn't make it. Of course, if you were to attempt to use that belt, you'd have to remove her bodysuit.


Both the bodysuit and the neckpiece are two parts that snap together via magnets. They are beautifully polished. The bodysuit is embellished with inset rhinestones front and back. 


Another design touch I really like is that the earrings are facing forward. So often one has to look at the side of a doll's head to see what the earrings look like. 

I recommend adding this doll to your collection if you have not done so already. The current average eBay price is just south of $300. It has dropped from about $400 in December.

Her original price was $175.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.