7/13/2012

Military Figure in 1/6 Scale

Like most of us I am on every doll related mailing list in existence. This morning I got an email from Hobby Search. The figure that caught my eye is called "Crazy Dummy - 1/6 U.S. Army Saw Gunner in Afghanistan." It is classified as a fashion doll! This guy is going for about $203. and is the most detailed, realistic military figure I've seen in a long time - not that I see many - but it's incredible.  It's a pre-order. Hobby Search is based in Japan so added postage raises the price.
Take a look at these pictures. It looks like a real man.






When I see what can be achieved in 1/6 scale at this price, I realize how much I've overpaid for so many dolls. Perhaps I should start my own little army.

Anyway, the description of this character is as follows:

- From [crazy dummy], Sogan'na lineup in the United States Army in Afghanistan!
Accessories - of fulfilling,
MICH 2000 HELMET WITH OCP COVER MICH2000
UNIVERSAL GOGGLE RETENTION STRAPS
ARMY T-SHIRT
OCP ACS SUIT
OCP ACU PANTS
BDU BELT
OCP IOTV GEN2 VEST
MOLLE2 100R POUCH
MOLLE2 200R POUCH
DOUBLE M4 MAG POUCH
RADIO POUCH
MOLLE2 CANTEEN POUCH
1QT CANTEEN
MOLLE2 FIRST-AID POUCH
TRIPLE PISTOL MAG POUCH
SMOKE GRENADE POUCH
HYDRATION POUCH
HYDRATION TUBE
MOLLE2 WAIST PACK BUTT PACK
USGI KNEE PADS One pair
43513X BOOTS One pair
WORK GLOVES (BLACK) One pair
COMBAT APPLICATION TOURNIQUET
IR FLAG
RANK TAB
NAME TAB
ARMY TAB
ISAF PACH
ARMY DIVISION PACH
M249 PARA WITH AR STOCK AND GRIP
100R M249 AMMO BOX
5.56MM METAL CHAIN \u200b\u200bAMMO X10
M4 30R MAG X4
ACOG TA31 SCOPE WITH KILLFLASH
AN/PEQ15 LASER
MCTAR SLING ADAPTOR
MACHINE GUN SLING
M9 PISTOL WITH PISTOL LANYARD
M9 MAGX3
M9 CQC CHEST HOLSTER
USGI NVG MOUNT
AN/PVS-14 NVG
AN/PRC152 RADIO
HANDMIC
SF HELMET LIGHT
G-SHOCK WATCH
2.0 M FRAME BALLISTIC EYEWEAR
FORE TREX 201 GPS
MS2000 STROBE
M18 SMOKE GRENADE

_____________________________________________

If you're not familiar with Hobby Search, they carry Obitsu, Azone, Takara, doll magazines, doll hair and more. The website is fun to look at and, of course, is in Japanese first but other languages are available via built-in translator.

HobbySearch - Fashion Doll Store

1 comment:

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.