2/28/2011

Silvery Rose Ingrid LE50 by Joe Tai

All the discussion last week about the face on the Hayworth doll looking like Joe Tai's Ingrid got me looking at Joe's dolls and thinking that I really would like to have one.  When I came across Silvery Rose Ingrid, a 12" doll, I bought it and I am very happy with my purchase.
Ingrid's box is very pretty with it's floral design. The ties are elastic. She wasn't all that easy to remove from the box but when I did get her out, she was in excellent condition with no damage from having been packaged for about two years.
 She arrives unwigged.
It's a wonderful saran wig and like all of Joe's wigs, it's a hard cap which makes it extremely easy to put on and remove. This one is an extravagant collection of dips and braids.

The necklace can be used to adorn the gown's bodice or to wear as jewelry. Ingrids hands can be removed to put on the bracelets and to make redressing easy.

The gown itself is two pieces consisting of a metallic silver bustier top and a fully sequined ball gown style skirt. It comes with a separate crinoline. A little surprise awaits under the skirt as Ingrid is wearing pink and white striped panties. Completing the fashion are black gloves, 4 bracelets, stockings, earrings and shoes.
The base of the doll stand is signed by hand and I'm guessing they were all signed. I'll have to ask the dealer.




I paid $118. plus shipping for Ingrid. I could not find a lower price for any of Joe's dolls. This doll is currently available at the Doll Peddlar although that is not where I bought mine. Doll Peddlar has several other Joe Tai dolls available including his 16" dolls Jo Kanaeva and Jo Bessonova.

9 comments:

  1. She is lovely, there is something just stunning about her face. What is she made of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aubrey: Ingrid is vinyl. She's highly articulated and her body is blushed. Really nice quality doll.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is really beautiful. I have a couple of Joe Tai outfits and will always treasure them. I wish now I had gotten more of Joe Tai's outfits and dolls as I've always found them to be of good quality and I always loved his use of colours in his outfits. I really miss him as I'm sure his family and friends do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's gorgeous Terri, you made her look BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MJ She is very easy to photograph! I did no re-touching at all!
    Thanks for your comments.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tracey: I miss the fun I had when he came out with his outrageous designs. I used to buy lots of his fashions and I am sorry I parted with a few such as the sequined and/or beaded Qi Paos.
    He is definitely missed and it's such a tragedy that he became ill. He was so young and had so much more to give.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at the details. I will miss Joe Tai and his attention to detail.

    I will treasure all of the things I do have of his.. and my dolls love them very much too.

    Great pictures, Terri.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Terri, there is another similarity with Ingrid & the Hayworth doll that I don't think you've mentioned. The hair-line is the same. It's the same hair-line, wigged on Joe Tai's doll & rooted on the Hayworth doll. Maybe I'm just being silly but I keep seeing more similarities between the two dolls except, of course, Joe's doll is articulated & his artistic creations weren't stolen from anyone else!
    Keep up the work Terri!
    Some one has to keep the Bastards honest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Terri, what I mean't was that the doll's nape is short, just like the Hayworth doll!

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.