4/26/2012

First 2012 FR Club Exclusive Doll

W Club members are offered the opportunity to purchase "High End Envy" Erin for $115. This doll is a very pretty redhead with dark streaks wearing a youthful black mini-dress.

 The ordering period ends on April 30th at 10AM CST.  The doll won't be available until this summer - approximately. You know how it goes with club dolls. The edition size depends upon the pre-order quantity.
 
I am waiting for a truly unique and exclusive club doll that is not lottery bound...something that I have to have, not something I've seen before. 

__________________

The slight tweaking of Erin's sculpt sparked a heated debate over sculpt changes.  The biggest argument was between people feeling that their feelings were being either dismissed or put down. It always starts out about a doll and disintegrates into a he said, she said, you said type of thread. It's the same argument over and over touched off by different incidents.

Some people just can't let others' opinions alone. They have to tell the "opposition" that they are wrong - either for their point of view or for how they are expressing it or for expressing it at all. Then comes the fight about being told how to express ones self. It's just endless.


One statement I find amusing is the belief that those who create the dolls have feelings that will be hurt if you express negativity about the product. Of course the designers have feelings (and egos) but ultimately it's their paychecks that hang in the balance, not their feelings if the dolls are not popular.  If one visits a doll dealer's site that is trying to move dolls by bundling or by selling nudes and outfits separately you get the notion that the products are just not selling and that the dealer will do practically anything to get rid of them. Do you think the designers are going around hurt over this? Personally, I hope it does affect them so that they see what isn't working.

Soon we may be able to buy arms, legs and heads separately.


13 comments:

  1. This Erin is very pretty. I have the older sculpt which I love. I think when collectors really love and get attached to a certain sculpt it becomes that character and it is difficult to like the new sculpt. I know this bothers me to a certain degree, but I don't feel anyone is right or wrong in what they like either.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said, Terri! A big reason why I love reading your blog! Feedbacks on this doll seem to be very positive, although I don't find her that unique. After the online toy fair, I must say that I have high expectation on the club doll and this one didn’t meet my expectation. I am relieved though, as I am still looking for $$ for the wedding trio, and I am still feeling really guilty for my big pre-orders after the toy fair.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a large amount of pre-orders pending as well. Never enough!

      Delete
  3. Hi Terri,

    I would love to see dolls we could "assemble" by options. I can't count the times I've seen a doll I thought was beautiful...and only available with an outfit I thought was ridiculous....and vice versa! Peoples tastes vary and these days more and more are saying "enough". The doll companies and designers may want to continue tweaking their marketing models.
    As always love the Blog!
    Only anonymous 'cause I can't figure out the profiles thing.
    Will C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be fun? You could pick the body type you wanted and all that.

      Delete
  4. Bravo! Or should that be Brava? It's an attitude that seems to be prevalent whenever people are passionate about something (check some of the reviews on Amazon!). When these people get involved with something they seem unable to step back and view it objectively. A contrary statement is like a personal attack. This happened to me regularly with some even stating that my "negative" statement ruined their day when all I did was say "I don't like this because..." and try to present an objective argument that anypne was welcome to contradict or even correct if necessary. You like one thing, I like another. As for the question about hurting the feelings of the "creators", yes - they need to hear ALL points of view. And I don't believe that they are so emotionally invested in the product as to have hurt feelings.

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your opinions with us, Colin.

      Delete
  5. Totally Agree.

    It all boils down to if the doll is beautiful and not. if it is the first, then people will buy... manufacturers and designers i think shouldn't take offense once it is criticized. its how the design world works. you put your product out there, its bound to be criticized and praised. a pass or fail, if its a fail then learn from it and dont make the same mistake (though i should point out that others are stubborn and make the same mistake over and over) stick to what works, update dont change when it does. collectors are passionate, emotions are a factor to consider, attachments to certain sculpts, dolls, and looks are inevitable. Nice to point this out on your blog Miss Terri. :)

    Kisskiss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's sometimes hard to hear criticism but if you want to succeed, you have to give them what they are asking for.

      Delete
  6. Erin is cute... but they are all starting to look the same to me, and for the price point it is "ZZZZZ". It would be neat for Integrity to show the design process, and how they trend what to offer? My favorite TG posts are the ones that show the real deal next to the miniature knock-off. I am not sure that all collectors want knock-off haute couture for their dolls all the time? I sometimes think that "pretty" might be more popular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new sculpt is okay. I still prefer the older one. I hope the new sculpt will not be used for the upcoming "You Look So Fine Erin S". If it is the old sculpt, it might be the last time we will see the real Erin. She might be coveted for that reason alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not getting her. Like you, I'm looking for something fabulous because I paid for the privilege of being in the W Club. The difference of opinions and how it's received is why I don't post on the W Club forum--or anywhere else for that matter. People think because they've "met Jason Wu" or "Alain," they know them personally and it's not okay to "hurt their feelings." It's a business, people, and I'm a customer and customer satisfaction is what it's all about!" If they can't take the feedback, they shouldn't be in the business.

    xoxo Wenchie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not crazy about the doll but I really like the dress so I'm getting that. There was nothing spectacular about this doll. When you see her with the other Nu.Face dolls with the exception of Annik, they all start to blend together. I appreciate that their fashions compliment each other but it's also very bland so I'll wait for the next offering. It's gotten very tiresome that you cannot state an honest opinion whether it's blunt or constructive criticism without getting raked over the coals. It's a business. They want to hear the good and the bad in order to improve their bottom line.

    As always I appreciate your blog because you say it like you mean it.

    Cici

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.