5/20/2010

Integrity Announces a BIC Exclusive: Two New Nu.Fantasy Dolls

Yuri and Kumi have returned (in name only.) Kumi "Snow White" and Yuri "Rose Red" are now dressed in almost identical frilly dresses adorned with tulle, lace, bows, ribbons and embroidered crosses. Their makeup is simplified. Their hair is also identical in style to eachother. One holds a poison apple and the other a magical hand mirror.

The image above is the property of Integrity Toys.

Pre-ordering began on May 17th. Price for each doll is 21,000 yen which translates to about $235. at today's exchange rates. Kazue at BIC is providing free shipping!

The first Kumi, "Wild Wolf," came with several fabulous pieces of clothing. I paid $300 plus $22. shipping for that giftset from Savadoll in Canada at the end of October 2008. That was an outrageous price two years ago and still is, but unfortunately I've been conditioned to expect rising prices.I never did get a NRFB Yuri but I did manage to get her outfit very cheaply at the 2008 convention and I picked up a nude doll for $187. in November. Her actual retail price was $213. No wonder I didn't buy her at first.

In the last two images above, the girls have been redressed in Soom dresses, lingerie and handbags. Black shoes are Nu.Face, dog is a OOAK felted poodle (one of the Rudettes.) Jewelry is from different sources. Yuri was given a haircut and a few freckles by me.
I think the new dolls are not as interesting as the original Yuri and Kumi. They lack the character, individuality and design finesse of the originals. The dresses and dolls are pretty but not remarkable or unique. The pictures of them are excellent and that's a good thing.

Gettiing back to the new dolls, I searched the interned with the terms "Gothic Lolita" and "Japanese Goth" and came up with many interesting images. I don't know if the designer of the new dolls had any particular style in mind. I don't care when designers copy runway couture for dolls. I like it. They all do it. Here are three I would have loved for dolls:

They are very sophisticated and remind me of what Jason would offer. Well, maybe not the first one. LOL.

Here are several "Japanese Goth" images featuring real girls:
The frilly, lacy dolls and these girls are perfectly suited to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.