9/26/2019

The 3rd W Club Doll of 2019 - My Brutal Opinion

There is not a thing I like about these two dolls except Nadja's face.
The first turn-off was the metal barrettes and earrings which dominate their appearance in the first photo. I also think there's something off about Erin's face. Her eyes are squinty and her mouth is strange. Her eyebrows come down too far towards her nose. Her features do not work well together, IMO.
Nadja has a beautiful face but it needs to be a matte finish and allowed to be the main feature, not overwhelmed by big hair, metallic ornaments and pink/black leopard print. She's overdone and it takes away from her face.



Take a look at these outfits. I want to know what street corner these two are working.
What's with the plastic coat over a slip? Don't tell me the slip is a dress. That's lingerie.

She has lost her dress.
Adding a plastic coat for modesty's sake.


Staying warm with hot pants.

You take that corner; I'll take this one.

The designer is Jesse Ayala.
Erin Salston "Your Motivation" and Nadja Rhymes "Like No Other" are available separately at $145 each plus S&H.
This is a W Club Member Exclusive pre-order. Edition size depends upon how many are ordered.
Shipping expected Winter 2019-2020.
One of each doll per membership.


7 comments:

  1. I'd buy them nude, and hit Nadja's face with Mr. Superclear flat spray. The barrettes/earrings are an either-or item. At most one, to hold back Erin's wavy hair. As for the outfits, pieces are dramatic and probably look better in person. The plastic raincoat is kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love the barrettes and earrings, but while I can sympathize with lingerie as club wear, that nightie is a little too nightie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with the whole prostitute idea and the fact that Nadja's face is the best thing of the package, I'd add that her skintone looks lovely too. Aside from that the clothes are quite ugly for me, Erin has never been for me (her general facemold makes me sort of uncomfortable, maybe because it looks sort of unbalanced with the too-round chin and full lips) and Nadja's too long her looks like unpractical. She kind of reminds me to the Pocahontas doll my parents got me when the film came out. I was eight and I loved brushing her long hair, but as an adult collector I don't find it works as well... So an easy pass for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree, since when did a woman leave her house wearing a slip and a clear plastic raincoat! Just... no. Nadja is better, but I'm not a fan of hot pants either, didn't like them then, don't like them now, but I like the doll. The Erin is very similar to Erin 'Heiress' from last year, so easy pass on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heiress was two years ago, last year we got Vio, Dom and Colette.

      Delete
  5. I have so many dolls designed by Jessy, and some of them are my ultimate favorites, like: Smoke and Mirrors Lilith, Public Adoration and Trouble Eden, Afterglow Lilith, to name a few from NuFace (Vivacite Eugenia and Seduisante Elyse from FR). Faces on these dolls are truly GORGEOUS! Therefore, I give him lots of credits!

    HOWEVER, I think I commented here on several topics, I was afraid that he will overdo it, and that just happened. This duo looks raw, their outfits need more refinement.

    Still, I like Nadja, she looks beautiful with long hair and gold accents on her makeup. The outfit is another story, I like pieces individually, but I do not like them combined. Shorts are ultra popular in all Spring Summer 2020 shows.

    I agree with everything you wrote about Erin, low eyebrows, small eyes... I will add that her right eye looks wonky. It looks like she is looking up with her right eye and sideways with her left eye. Her outfit... it needs layers. I will leave it to that.

    Still, I can not honestly say that these dolls look ugly, on the contrary. Jessy is designing NuFace and FR convention collections, I am sure that takes a lots of creativity and imagination, so I think this is a solid offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harsh critique on a doll lol. You are judging by the prototypes, we should wait for the actual photos of what they really look like! But i do agree on one thing, the outfits look like those on hookers! But only a doll can get away with wearing that stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.