2/27/2011

IT 2011 ~ Part IV of IV ~ Poppy Parker, Color Infusion, Monogram and The Event Exclusive

As usual, the new Poppy Parkers are delightful. I'm pleased they've got the more detailed eye painting back. Darla Daley is the welcome new friend of Poppy.

It's now 1964 and so many things have changed for Poppy Parker since she arrived in New York. She is now one of the most popular teenage models in New York. She has been on the cover of five fashion and teen magazines and recently scored a new gig as the face of McCalpin's Department Store for their Juniors' department.

Another new development is the arrival of Poppy's best friend, Darla Daley. They met in a record shop and now, they are inseparable. Darla is an upcoming young singer who just made her television debut on the Ted Mullivan show. Thanks to her appearance on the show, she now has her first hit single! 

The Ted Mullivan Show? LOL I wonder if many of the collectors of this line even know to whom that refers.
 
Foto Fab $119. Perfectly Purple $119. Youthquake $90.
 

Hit Single $119. Twist 'n Shout $90.





Color Infusion Collection
Amelie becomes a muse for a unique, richly hued and embellished capsule collection. The mood echoes exuberant city style through a vibrant mix of color and textures with trendsetting makeup, hair, jewelry and fashion.

Cosmic Love Amelie $125.
Rebel Spirit Amelie $125.
  What is there about being pigeon-toed that is cute?

 The Monogram Collection
Someone was asleep at the wheel with this trio.  It's the same dress in three colors and the same doll in three shades. That approach works on American Girl dolls but not here. They are called Bemused, Envied and Passionate. I call them Dark, Light and Medium.
Dark, Light and Medium. $125.
The 2011 Online Event-Exclusive Doll
Night Scape Giselle Diefendorf dressed in black shorts, black sweater and a kind of deflated puffer jacket with an over-scaled zipper for $110.
This doll is available only to W Club members until Monday February 29th at Noon.

9 comments:

  1. Light, Medium and Dark? LOL!

    I totally agree with your observation on the Monogram dolls. I think their attire is not suitable or befitting to be Monogram branded. They look more like cutesy Poppy dresses. I think they are Darla's back up singers:)

    Teri
    SmittenKitten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with the Monogram sentiments. I am planning on getting the blonde, and redressing her in something more suitably elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone about the Monogram dolls, I do think they're pretty though, if not safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark, Light and Medium!
    Are they the TOASTs of the Town?
    ;)
    Couldn't resist!
    lol
    Loved this weekend's blog updates! They were light(not medium or dark)hearted!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Ted Mullivan Show"! Ha, I missed that in their inane copy about mostly nothing regarding the actual dolls. It's obviously a take-off on "The Ed Sullivan Show". I barely remember the Supremes on near the end of his run.. LONG time ago, even for baby boomers. :)

    So, what DO you plan to buy other than the Nu Fantasy dolls? (and possibly the FR2s? )
    Those two groupings were my very faves also.
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: Monogram - I'm thinking Cameo, Bloom and Spice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @tujorspret:
    If the prices were as low as Antoinette...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like color fusion amelie Rebel Spirit Amelie
    she has a cute factor and i like her

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am pigeon-toed and my husband thinks I am cute...

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.