Designer David Buttry could dress a Poppy Parker doll in a paper bag and she would sell out. Integrity Toys knows its customers.
This release is called a Mini Gift Set but it doesn't appear to be Mini at all. With two complete fashions that include two pairs of shoes and two handbags, I'd say it's a gift set.
Honestly, if I were a Poppy collector, I would order this one just for her looks. She is adorable. Her hair style is one of my favorites but it is often seen on an older doll. I have a few wigs for my big girls that resemble Poppy's hairdo.
Orange/pink/yellow is not a favorite color combination of mine. These clothes are very cute and appropriate for a child.
However, the back story says Poppy shopped at "the most psychedelic of all the London boutiques."
I was a teenager through most of the 1960's era and I wouldn't call her clothes exactly psychedelic. Perhaps the baby doll paisley pattern touches on psychedelic. the addition of more color would help I wonder if the Chinese factory allows for designing a fabric pattern?
 |
| AI Generated |
I asked Chat GPT to use the header colors to create a pattern and then to create a babydoll dress.
___
Baby Doll dresses were very, very popular in the late 50's through the 60's.
Check out this design from Balenciaga. It is in the V&A's collections.
In 1957 and 1958 Balenciaga produced a group of flounced lace dresses. They were known as 'Baby Doll' dresses. This one has a provocative tight black crêpe de Chine underdress. You can see it clearly through the semi-transparent black lace overdress. This overdress is very wide and flared. It has short sleeves and a low waist with a gathered flounced skirt. Two giant black satin bows mark the middle of the neck and the middle of the waist. They also add to the child-like theme.
Definitely worth watching. This is on Instagram.
If this link does not work, copy and paste it into your browser.
Controversial BabyDoll dresses and the design's history:
https://www.instagram.com/reels/DZhpwYrz7pK/
DETAILS:
Item # 77302
Electric LollipopPoppy Parker® Mini Gift SetPoppy Parker®: The London Look Collection2026 W Club Exclusive DollEdition Size: TBDExpected Ship Date: Spring 2027Head Sculpt: PoppyBody Type: PP 1.5Foot Sculpt: High-heeled & Articulated AnkleSkin Tone: FR BlackHair Color: RavenEyelashes: Yes, Hand-appliedMSRP: $190 + S & HSpecial W Club Price: $180 + S & H & Tariffs (If any, see below)Sales method: These dolls are guaranteed made-to-order for 2026 W Club members only- 1 per membership.
($50.00 non-refundable deposit due now, $130.00 + S, H, taxes & any tariff surcharge* due in approximately Spring 2027)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.