The Defa Lucy creators have decided to try the Blind Box marketing technique. I wanted to call it a ploy but I decided to be kind.
![]() |
| Click to enlarge. |
They are described as:
Saran Hair: Pale Blond / Hazelnut / Jet Black / GingerSculpt: DF11Body: Ultraflex Body (NEW!) with 13 points of articulation, interchangeable high heel feet and flat feet, interchangeable hands Skintone: Snow/Cameo/Tan/Caramel, Fashion: Gingham Two-Piece Lingerie Accessories: Strappy High-Heel SandalsEach doll is packaged in a signature Defa Lucy blind box and will be distributed at random with each order.
Their marketing statement:
DEFA LUCY PLAY is a new collectible doll series designed for creators and collectors who love to customize, restyle, and make every piece uniquely their own.Built as a creative foundation rather than a fixed display piece, each doll invites endless styling, personalization, and storytelling-turning collecting into an active, expressive experience.
Seriously? The hype is ridiculous. I make all of my dolls my own and restyle to my taste if they need it. In my opinion, They are like Barbies on a refined made-to-move body. I think it's a big step down from this past year's releases and collectors would purchase more if they could pick the models.
I'm trying to find out the difference between Ultraflex and Glamflex. If you have information, please let me know. I have asked on Reddit and I a waiting for the reply.
Anyway, the opinion about Blind Boxes is very bad.
These are some of the Comments:
I LOVE these, but don't love that they're blind boxes.
I’m sick of blind boxes…
Blind boxes have absolutely no place in collectors editions or anything so expensive.
I will never buy anything blind boxes unless it's secondhand
I HATE BLIND BOXES
I thought these were cute and considered maybe picking up one or two. But then I read blind box. NO THANK YOU!!
They’re just too expensive to risk being stuck with a doll that you don’t want.
Man I hate this company lmao. They get more and more annoying with each new release.
How do you feel about blind boxes?

No comments:
Post a Comment
I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.