Integrity Toys is stepping back in time - to my time - in a new partnership with Archie Comics.
When I was a little girl, my aunt and I used to draw and make clothes for our Katy Keene cut out dolls. These are very fond memories.
The question is...would I buy dolls based on these dear memories? Integrity's announcement says, "the new Katy Keene collector doll line promises to bring something exciting for all of her fans, old and new alike."
Well I'm old and I was a fan. This is going to be really interesting.
It would be cool if Katy's fashions were vintage as she began in the 1950's, kind of like Gene Marshall. Will she have a body like the women of that day had? That includes breasts, hips, thighs, arms with some meat on them. Or will she be a stick figure?
There was no mention in the preview announcement as to whether or not she will be 12" or 16". I know a lot of collectors who would love her to be produced in 16".
Are you not familiar with Katy Keene? I'm going to guess there are many who collect FR dolls who aren't.
Link to the many posts on Pinterest featuring Katy Keene:
Katy Keene on Pinterest
Link to a great site for Katy Keene comic book covers.
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- Sales: Jun Planning, LUTS 60cm Shiwoo, BJD Books
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs