In October 2013, the Official Integrity Toys Advanced Design competition took place at the "Premiere" Convention in Los Angeles, California and, at long last, the W Club is honored to introduce the exquisite doll based on Ms. Lisa Ramsammy's winning entry, "Edge" Vanessa Perrin!
The winning design, personally picked by Jason Wu and other members of
the Integrity Toys design team, has been translated into a production
doll. The fashion is not intricate and the accessories are minimal. I hope Lisa gets a cut of every doll purchased. That could be the reason this doll is priced as she is.
The price for W Club members is $135. The public will pay $150.
The total edition size will be based upon the number of pre-orders and there is no limit at all. That's a first. There could be thousands.
It will be interesting to see how many show up on eBay immediately and at what price.
I was going to order one until I compared a close up of Poesie with Edge. I do not like the lips on the new Vanessa at all. They are pinched and phony-looking.
Here they are side by side:
Several W Club members commented that she reminded them of Poesie Sans Couleur. No way. Her lips are awful.
So...I will not be ordering this Vanessa. It feels good to say no to Vanessa.
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- SALES: Jun Planning BJD, Super Dollfie, Super Dollfie Encyclopedia
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs