3/10/2014

Collecting Guy Dolls and Clothing Them

I've mentioned before that I'm now more into having male dolls in my collection than I was previously. Some of Tonner's recent males are either super heroes, too young-looking or just plain weird and they don't fill my needs.
However, Tonner Doll has created the best looking and largest variety of vinyl male dolls of any other company in history.
For example, Aragorn.

In his new Chewin fashion - looking hot.

Chewin sells on eBay. The quality and fit of his garments are superior to most other male doll clothing out there. Just look at how this plaid shirt fits my doll. It's amazing. His placement of closures is such that barely any bulk is created. Every detail is thought out and executed well.
This particular ensemble included the chinos, belt, shirt and fabulous sport jacket and was well under $100. For this type of work, that's a great price.

My 12" gals needed one more man and I kept looking at Riot Llewellyn from Integrity Toys' Jem collection.
However, not being a fan or even familiar with the Jem series, the big hair and the costume did nothing for me. I saw him nude with his hair tamed and changed my mind. I was able to get a nude on eBay from the PA seller who probably has 100 of him and is selling splits.
In real life he arrives with a rubber band controlling his mane. It is a huge mess of hair similar to the back of the hair of most Barbies with big hair. He is on the pale side but pretty decent looking.
In my photo of him, he's dressed in Rio Pacheco's outfit which is beautifully made. Look at that cute pocket on the arm of his faux leather bomber jacket. It actually has a tiny zipper on it!
I still want to tame his hair but for now, this is how he looks.


8 comments:

  1. I had that Aragorn (actually, Strider) from Tonner and ended up selling him because he was just too soft looking. I'd started buying JAMIEshow gals and my Tonner dolls (the gals and Strider) were just not as realistic. But JAMIEshow fortunately makes amazing, anatomically correct, male dolls and while some look rather young, they are more life-like that Tonner's, and more articulated. I own 4 JS guys: Paris, Cameron, Alejandro, and Tatum, and each has his own, distinct look. I do agree about Chewin's clothes, though. They're amazing. So are his wigs, and my JS guys come bald, so they can wear wigs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owning Alejandro (Jamieshow) is actually what is encouraging me to collect more male dolls. I would love to get my hands on a Deva male doll. They are amazing.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, the Deva male dolls are awesome. Every so often, I see one on eBay, but no way can I afford them, so I'm very glad for my JAMIEshows. I love Tatum with his new feet. He can wear thongs!

      Delete
  2. if you're going to cut it short, i suspect you could tame it fairly easily by doing one of the cellophane tubes like came on TNT barbie to heat train it to lay flat to the heat...then finger sculpt whatever styled you wanted...but you may have to thin out whole rows of hair to get the volume under control

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to wait a while to see if I get an idea for a different style. It's not on the top of my list of things to do. :-)

      Delete
  3. Don't forget Tonner's Sam Elliott and Daniel Craig, LOL!!!! Sam is still on my Grail list. I have seen decent repaints of Andy Mills and James Collins. JamieShow- I have Alejandro and Kyle (who works much better with Antoinette/ Poppy). What I WOULD like to see is Integrity's version of a 16" male!!! The L'Homme series always sells out. I know the molds would be costly, but if they look as good as the 12" men..............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra Morrow3/11/14, 3:38 PM

    Hi Terri,

    This is Debra......I think we like the same kind of men!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd hate to be alone in this! LOL. Thanks, Debra.

      Delete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.