12/23/2013

Review of Emilia Couture Accessory Packs

Emilia recently offered 4 accessory packs, a new Inamorata doll and a fashion. I purchased three of the accessory packs. They were $95. each but the shipping was extraordinarily expensive at $59.  which raised the price of each accessory pack to $114.67. The package was delivered by DHL a few days after I ordered it. I guess that was the benefit of paying so much. I could have waited as there was no rush on my end.
Each pack consisted of a dress, handbag, shoes, hosiery and belt. The dresses stretch and fit a few dolls other than Inamorata. They do not fit the Sybarite body or Tonner dolls such as Cami. I have seen the dresses on the Innoquii dolls. The shoes fit Sybarites very nicely.
The dresses have no closures and need to be pulled up over the legs. The hosiery must be pulled on first. They go up to the tops of the thighs. I had to fiddle with the hems on the dresses as they are sewn only at the back seam and just folded up.
The three images just below show the fashion on Integrity Toy's Tulabelle body. (Yes, the head is Avantguard with a transplanted body. ) Very good fit but with this color dress one can see the outlines of her nipples and all the doll's joints.
The shoes on a Sybarite doll:
Here's a little surprise. The dress is also suitable for an FR2 (12") body. I pushed it up to the hem length I wanted and the belt went around an extra time or two. I couldn't use the shoes, of course, but the handbag worked. The striped dress wouldn't do well on this body.
This is Color Therapy Vanessa (on an FR2 body) modeling.
I am pleased with my purchase. The individual pieces will be useful for mix and match in the future.
My one hope is that there will be a less costly way to ship from China.


4 comments:

  1. Yep, I've used most of my huge-headed Poppy's and Tullabelle bodies for the Avantgard heads - they are a perfect match. Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would have come out before I sold off the rest of my AGs.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your honest review Terri! As always you have taken beautiful pictures and surprised me by trying the dress on a FR2 doll!

    I totally agree about the ridiculously high shipping costs on DHL worldwide express since their minimum cost is 45usd with insurance that effectively doubles the shipping costs. However, it is the only safe method to ship from China as other methods do not offer the insurance and iis too risky to ship without it. We are working hard to find another safe option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emilia: I am sure you are doing your best to provide the safest and best shipping available. Thank you for your comments AND your lovely work.
      Terri

      Delete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.