4/23/2013

Phoenix Gene in Superfrock and Comparison Photos


I'm definitely enjoying photographing the new resin Gene doll. It reminds me of the days when I'd get one doll at a time and spend a week changing her clothes and taking pictures. I haven't done this in a long time.
In the images on this page, Phoenix is wearing Sybarite Neurotica's dress. It fits
very nicely except the straps of the dress are extending above the natural shoulder. I like it anyway.  The shoes fit, too, but because Gene's ankles do not bend the shoe's angle, when she is standing up, is off. The wig is by Cheryl Wood. She's wearing her own gloves smooshed down and folded over.
This doll looks great in everything!


Above you can see the detail of her glove hands. This is the set of hands that is painted white. They were easy to switch to the regular color hands without tools but did require a third hand. In my case I held the doll between my legs and switched the hands. You can see the other hands in prior photos I posted of Phoenix.
__________________

Tom in CA has graciously allowed me to reproduce his Gene comparison photos.
First we have blonde versions of all three Gene Marshall dolls. On the left is an Ashton Drake, center is Integrity Toys and right is the new Phoenix.  Do you have a favorite? 
In this particular picture, I like the IT version primarily because of the hairstyle which makes her forehead smaller than either of the others. 


Here is another comparison which is great because it shows the head shape differences. Phoenix has a much more realistically proportioned head.  The Gene on the left looks as if she's missing part of her skull!

7 comments:

  1. She is just STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the pictures. I am really falling in love with the Phoenix version. Do you know if they will continue making more? I'm hoping so. I love Phoenix, but I cannot afford her. I am hoping that they will make more Genes similar to Phoenix that are more affordable. My fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Edmond, more Genes are on the way. There is an FDQ exclusive coming. I'm betting there will be basics as well.

      Delete
    2. I hope there are basics too--she's a gorgeous doll but there's no way I could afford that price. Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your photos Terri!

      Delete
  3. My friend, Wayne Nilson, came back from IDEX with this Gene and I had the pleasure of taking some pics yesterday! I am also a big Gene fan, and I have to say ... this "new" Gene is stunning! And, Wayne? He's head over heels in love with her! He's designed for her and he was like a kid with a new toy when I saw him and I can't wait to see what he creates for her! He's so talented! Anyway, she's gorgeous and I'm so glad she's back!! I really like seeing the comparisons, too. I guess you could say she's evolved, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This last one is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Gene still.

    ReplyDelete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.