11/25/2012

Something Old and Something Even Older

I first saw Tonner's version of Marvel's Black Cat character figure at the store in Kingston. She was masked and I didn't look further. A few months later I saw her without the mask and I knew I had to have her. This doll is just gorgeous and I adore the Breathless head sculpt. She arrived last week. I plan to restyle her hair and redress her in something elegant.



A doll that I have wanted for years has finally joined the tribe. She is "Ghost of Christmas Future," the most popular of the three re-imagined Christmas Carol character figures from Tonner. I am so happy to finally have her. I was fortunate to get one whose owner never removed the protective body plastic so she is just like a new doll in spite of the fact that she was released in 2003! Here is the link to Tonner's archived page describing the three doll set:
Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol Collection



Each of the three ghosts used a different sculpt. Future's is the Emilie head sculpt.

6 comments:

  1. that first shot is breathtaking. you gave her an interior life with your posing. otherwise, most tonner dolls seem very flat to me. good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Uriah. I have a long-term love relationship with some of the older Tonner sculpts but occasionally a new beauty comes along, done differently and she comes to live here. I know many people feel the same way as you and that's what makes it interesting. There are so many dolls I love, I can barely keep track.
      Terri

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos, as always, Terri! I saw Black Cat in person at a doll show and was delighted with her face sculpt as well. I have the Ghost of Christmas Past in my collection (Daphne), and your photos make me want to add Future as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments, Alison. I've had "Past" for the longest time and I'm still so fond of the fashion that I dress one doll every holiday season in it. Good luck if you go after "Future." I've been looking for it for a long time. Hope you get yours!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on scoring a doll you've been wanting for so long!! (that doesn't seem to happen much ^_^) They are both beautifull, and the photos are amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to want dolls, just outfits. You know how it is. Hehe.

      Delete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.