9/29/2012

The dessert looked delicious.

Still on the topic of Tropicalia 2012:
I'm trying to figure this out. The convention souvenir doll came in a round box with two red dresses and it's Imogen.
The dinner centerpiece was a gorgeous tan Eugenia.
Where did Vanessa fit into this? Someone posted that she is the doll that goes into the red dress that was in the box presented at registration. Imogen trumps Vanessa? Not in my world.
So, I saw a picture of Vanessa and she is looking like the original Vanessa we know and love. That's a good thing. After all, if collectors want the original doll, give it to them. That always made sense. Make a different sculpt and call it something else.
Personally I am pretty confused by all the sculpt switches and I do not see the marketing value of this behavior. More is not always better.
I'm hoping that I can see the professional images from IT soon.
_____________
Some of you may realize that this weekend I have been blogging from Canandaigua, NY, while attending the "Prohibition" Jamieshow event. I had a great time and will be writing it up for FDQ. I will, however, post images here at some time next week.
We were a small group of 22 collectors and it was an excellent opportunity to get to know people on more than just a cursory basis. It was like the experience I had when I attended Sandra Stillwell's event in Nashville a while back. Small conventions and doll events are very different from large conventions. We spent a lot of time with George and Tim of Angelic Dreamz. We got to know two of their employees as well.
More to be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.