7/02/2012

Tonner Doll 2012 Fall Sneak Peek

Today Tonner Doll revealed the images of four dolls which will be part of the Fall/Holiday Line Release.

WONDER WOMAN, Steampunk#1
$174.99

Does that mean there will be a Steampunk #2? She's cute and I think it's interesting to rev up her costume which is beyond boring by now.

 
Both priced at $174.99  Holy Batman!

On the left is Sam Flynn and on the right is Quorra. I am not familiar with these characters except from the one Tron movie is saw. I liked the story more than the movie but not enough to want the characters.  The movie characters are way hotter than the dolls. Flynn's wig is excellent. It's pretty difficult to do great male hair on a doll unless it's a wig.


 

Gem $174.99

 I had to look up who Gem is:
Gem is a program known as a Siren. She works in the armory underneath the Game Arena along with three other Sirens, outfitting programs and digitized users with armor for the games.
Gem first encountered Sam Flynn when he was captured and sentenced to fight in the arena. She and the other Sirens equipped him with his attire and Identity Disc, before offering limited advice that he simply had to survive in the games.
She later helped Sam find Zuse in the End of Line Club, also telling him that she wished she could have met him under different circumstances. A short while after, she was revealed to be in league with Castor as an accomplice in his bid for power over the Grid. This is where Jarvis attempts to hit on her
Gem was presumably derezzed when Clu 2 destroyed the End of Line Club.
These three character figures are definitely for fans of Tron although I'm sure that some other collectors will like the sculpts and see possibilities further than the fantasy.  I think they are pretty expensive for dolls that seem to be in simple fashions. I may be missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.