6/27/2012

You're Invited! Facets 10th Annual Doll BBQ - Sunday, September 9th

It's almost that time again. Bob, Rudy and I have attended Marcia's event for several years and it's always a lot of fun.  Not only is it like a mini-convention, you get to ogle her unbelievable doll collection. Doll collectors of all types show up.



Here is her announcement/invitation:


Summer's here and it's almost time for Facets by Marcia's 10th annual summer doll BBQ!    10 Years!  Wow!!

I'm inviting area doll collectors (and any traveling ones) to come to my house in Matawan, NJ for a BBQ and doll party on Sunday September 9th starting at noon. 
Matawan is in central NJ, near exit 117a of the Garden State Parkway. It is easily accessible by NJ Transit trains from NYC or Newark.

It will be like the previous BBQ's with lots of people, food, dolls, sales, and more, but there are a few changes, so please read on...
I'll provide all of the food, and there is a cover charge of $13 per person and it must be paid in advance by PayPal (to applefrien@aol.com) or you can send me a check or give me cash if you see me beforehand. If you're going to do PayPal, I'd appreciate your waiting until a week or two before the BBQ so I have less chance of losing track of it :-) If you pay at the door, it is $15 cash - exact change required. My husband, Paul, really hates handling the money, so please pay in advance! All people who pay in advance will get a gift when they check in :-)
I'll have a sales area set up in my basement - space is on a first come basis and is limited. If you are planning to bring things to sell, please let me know so I can estimate how much space is needed per person and try to get enough shelving/tables to accommodate. If you've been here before, you know the set-up. If you haven't been here before and want to sell, email me for more info. Of course, Facets will be set up for shopping, too :-)
In addition to shopping, we'll have door prizes, the infamous "free table", and lots of dolls to look at.
The "free table" is a table of doll related items that are extras, slightly used, unwanted, etc... It's a good way to get rid of those items that you think someone might want and you don't feel like putting on Ebay. If you have some things you'd like to put in, bring them. However, if no one takes them, you have to take them back or throw them out - they can't stay here! If you want to mail donations, LMK and I'll give you the address. I've already gotten some amazing things mailed to me!
If you want to see what the Free Table is like, check out Paul's video from last year:

Feel free to bring a doll for display. I don't have a theme - bring a favorite, a new acquisition, something you want to show off, whatever.
Contributions to the door prizes are appreciated.
If you need a place to stay in this area, I recommend the Woodbridge Hilton. It's about 20 minutes north of here and is more reasonably priced and nicer than the few hotels in the immediate area. If you are looking for travel mates or roommates, LMK and I'll try to help.

I hope you can make it to the party - it's a day of great fun, great dolls and great people :-) Email me to RSVP or ask questions. When you email me, I would appreciate it if you could put "BBQ" somewhere in the subject so I can sort out those emails.




Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.