2/22/2012

New Madame Alexander Dolls - 2012

Most of my readers know by now that I adore Cissette, Madame Alexander's 10" doll.  There is something about her baby face and MA's attention to detail in their fashions that I love.

There are at least 15 new Cissette dolls and a few "male Cissettes" (how can there be a male Cissette?) I will show only a few in this post but you can click HERE to go to the MA 2012 collection of all new dolls.

Here is Cissette as the Pan Am Stewardess Ltd Edition 200 pcs
She retails for $139.95 and will not be available until July 2012. There is also a 16" Alex dressed as a Pan Am stewardess.


Queen Elizabeth Ltd Edition 175 pcs 10" Doll from the Fashion Collection. $179.95  This is a lot of fashion for a 10" doll to wear.

 Cruella De Vil 10" Doll from the Disney Collection $149.95  Expected August 2012

 Masai-Kenya Africa 10" Doll from the International Collection $129.95 April 2012.

Nikiya from La Bayadere Ltd Edition 250 pcs 10" Doll from the American Ballet Theater Collection. July 2012. $149.95.

 

Madame Alexander does not do 10" male dolls well. Their costumes are OK but their faces and features are laughable. These are the so-called male Cissetttes for 2012. 

From left to right: Prince Charming, Pope Alexander VI, Rhett Butler, Waldo 

The Madame Alexander website has hundreds of dolls in many sizes and categories. Plan to spend a long time browsing!  Click on the logo below to go to the 'collectible' area of the site.

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow... I just want the Pan Am bag!!! ... I might have a bag problem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HM! Well, Wendys and Cissettes were my first serious foray into adult doll collecting stemming from the dolls I wanted asa child [and had a few] I dearly love the concept of fully articulated but don't like the faces as much as the 60s early 70s dolls. I have cravenly collected some of the new ones up until a few years ago. I have desperately wanted males counter parts to join them but could have screamed in horror when I pulled up larger pictures, I also wanted a good companion for my Cissy. I've run into a worse problem than with my Ellowynes. These guys make Mortimer look hot, so very very sad [but helps me hang onto my money]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the male dolls are frightening. Did you see last season's cross-dressing Tony Curtis Cissy? I thought it was a great concept.

      Delete
    2. LMAO! Maybe it was Jamie [who I love, btw, think she's a strong great actress], we can only hope! I'd love for a good designer to get in there and do a good male counter part but am now not holding my breath. A few different doll stores had tried to set up a meeting with me and Madame Alexander back in the mid late 80s so she could approve a book they wanted me to put out on Wendys [they were my obsession] I'd probably come up with the first data base creation for Wendys and Cissettes at that time [it was before the new Cissettes] to help collectors catalog their dolls [well, I created it so I could catalog my dolls and showed others a print out of what I had done and they were fascinated] but I ended up going through some life things so it never happened. My grandmother admired her above all women and the lack of meeting her was one of my greatest regrets of things I wished I had done regardless of what else was going on in my life.

      Delete
    3. Do you think there is a market now for your book? Certainly there are those who would love it.

      Delete
  3. Love the PAN AM girl..... very Christina Ricci... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you bash down FR dolls alot! these dolls are short, fat, stubby, and look like they belong with air balloons or something, you do not have very good taste anymore terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous Troll...There is nothing in this post about FR dolls and there is nothing in your head either. Expand your horizons and open your eyes. Get an education. Put your clothes on. Your next anonymous post will not be published.
      T

      Delete

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.