10/04/2011

Not Your Mother's Bergdorf Goodman

Jason Wu Designs a Line of Clothing for Target: A few press excerpts.

Mr Wu today said: 'My collection for Target embodies my signature aesthetic of feminine sophistication, with a mischievous nod to the 1960s.'
And, according to Target's Twitter feed, the creations are, somewhat eccentrically, influenced by a cat named Milu.
Mr Wu told WWD: 'This partnership offers an exciting opportunity for me to interpret my aesthetic into a collection made for a broader market.
'It was very interesting for me to translate my signature touches into a more affordable collection without compromising quality, design and sophistication'
It 'features clothes and accessories that are easily convertible from day to evening — sophisticated, feminine dresses, mix-and-match separates and playful accessories all with a bit of charm and dressed-up attitude.'
The collections will focus on apparel and accessories only, differing from the Missoni range, for example, which saw fervour over a vast 400 pieces crash the retail site. That line sold out within 24 hours of its much-lauded launch.
Rather than creating 'just an item for the season,' Mr Wu has before said that he 'strive[s] to create clothes that can be worn for a lifetime.'
Target, not known for its high-end quality, makes a change from Mr Wu's usual territory.
The line will range from $19.99 to $59.99 and will be available at many Target stores and online.

 It will certainly not be the first time a trendy designer, including McQueen, Missoni, Gaultier, Schouler, Thakoon, Temperley, has partnered with Target. I can't wait to see the results!

Target Night Out doll needs a new sculpt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I do not publish readers' links or email addresses. If you wish to contact me or wish me to see something, find me on Facebook and send a FB message. In addition, Blogger is not letting me comment on comments! I'm trying to reconfigure this but I'm at a loss how to do so.