For anyone curious about the articulation of the new Basics dolls, here are two pictures. The finish on the vinyl is pretty crappy but they're not going to be used as nekkid models so I don't care. It is true that the doll cannot put her hand on her hip. I still think that this is a 100% improvement over the stiff model body being used on the dolls and I hope to see the unarticulated body banished to never-never land where it belongs. Then...maybe Silkstones will one day get articulation. I doubt it. As long as people are willing to pay upwards of $175. for an unarticulated Silkie, why should Mattel do anything to change them?
Then she got dressed again.
The other thing I'd like to see banished is glitter. Glitter is the scourge of craft supplies. Make it go away.
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- Sales: BJD LUTS 60cm Dolls: Shiwoo, El, Lishe, Miyu and BJD Books
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs