This information has come to me from a reliable source. I am going to quote a few lines from Tonner's announcement. I won't be able to answer any questions as I know no other details. Please post your reactions and questions here on the blog. Perhaps someone will come along to answer. The Tonner people do read this.
The TDC believes that "collectors enjoy being able to obtain products they desire as fast as possible and without having time for reconsideration. Coupled with a year-round flow of product from our factories, we have developed a new schedule of future product releases."
"Tonner products will now debut on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month on tonnerdirect.com."
Dealers will get their information on the Monday before each Wednesday and can neither take orders nor reveal information prior to the release.
What I understand is that only dolls that are in stock will be released. So when you place an order, you will be paying for it and you can expect to get it shortly afterward.
What I don't understand is who actually ships the doll. If the dealers don't have them in advance and you order them does your doll come directly from Tonner or from your dealer?
Is Tonner planning to cut out dealers eventually?
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- Sales: Jun Planning, LUTS 60cm Shiwoo, BJD Books
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs