All the discussion last week about the face on the Hayworth doll looking like Joe Tai's Ingrid got me looking at Joe's dolls and thinking that I really would like to have one. When I came across Silvery Rose Ingrid, a 12" doll, I bought it and I am very happy with my purchase.
Ingrid's box is very pretty with it's floral design. The ties are elastic. She wasn't all that easy to remove from the box but when I did get her out, she was in excellent condition with no damage from having been packaged for about two years.
The necklace can be used to adorn the gown's bodice or to wear as jewelry. Ingrids hands can be removed to put on the bracelets and to make redressing easy.
The gown itself is two pieces consisting of a metallic silver bustier top and a fully sequined ball gown style skirt. It comes with a separate crinoline. A little surprise awaits under the skirt as Ingrid is wearing pink and white striped panties. Completing the fashion are black gloves, 4 bracelets, stockings, earrings and shoes.
The base of the doll stand is signed by hand and I'm guessing they were all signed. I'll have to ask the dealer.
I paid $118. plus shipping for Ingrid. I could not find a lower price for any of Joe's dolls. This doll is currently available at the Doll Peddlar although that is not where I bought mine. Doll Peddlar has several other Joe Tai dolls available including his 16" dolls Jo Kanaeva and Jo Bessonova.
- Sales: Furniture, Backdrops, Props, Miscellaneous
- Sales: Tonner and Wilde Imagination
- SALES: Jun Planning BJD, Super Dollfie, Super Dollfie Encyclopedia
- Sales: Magazines, Books & Patterns
- Sales: Kingdom Doll, Ficon, Deva Doll, Fashions
- Sales: Mattel Barbie; Monster High
- Sales: Gene Marshall; Madame Alexander; Mod British Birds
- Sales: Sybarite
- Sales: Integrity Toys 12" and 16"
- Sales: Wigs